Who is published (fiction) here?

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Who is published (fiction) here?

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 am

Anyone on the forums published? What publisher did you go through? Did you have an agent? Did the publisher demand a lot of changes? Did you receive a contract for more books? I would love information about any professional writers among us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 pm

While I haven't been published myself, I have a friend who is. Would you like me to ask her about that information?
Atria35

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 am

Atria35 (post: 1451271) wrote:While I haven't been published myself, I have a friend who is. Would you like me to ask her about that information?

That would be great. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:49 am

I'm not, but I'm working on it. :)
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm hoping to be published by the end of the year... That's obviously a goal that depends on other people, but yeah... It's what I'm doing. I've got a self-editing book, and a book about book promotion, both of which I'll be studying.
Bobtheduck

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:12 pm

I tried to get published... but the company told me they only publish books and such. XP

I still have a long way to go before I could publish any of my stuff, but I have thought about it. Sounds a little rough.

A self-editing book? Lucky! I'd save tons of time if I didn't have to do so much editing... XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:58 pm

I would love to get a book published. The various aspects of publication fascinate me, like most things about writing.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Who knows... Maybe I'll be the first on CAA to be published (not counting PoD, which I've already done with a book I made for my great nephew.)
Bobtheduck

Postby USSRGirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:26 pm

I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on the net who's actually published beyond self publishing via Lulu or Createspace - it's a very difficult business. I do have a lot of resources and information on steps to take if you're interested - I'm not published, but I'm a writer. I have written for my university's magazine and I was president of the writer's club last year and VP of the English club. I have one project I worked on that's going through review right now and might be published out of the university extension service (*crosses fingers*), so that's all I have to brag about. :sweat: I have coordinated and attended a few writing workshops and I bullied one agent into reviewing my work (she shot meh down), but otherwise I have no real experience worth noting. .__.;; I'm a leech and a wanna be so I collect lots of useful links and garbage for aspiring writers. Feel free to PM me if you're looking for info on agents and publishers and how the whole process works. Knowing how it works hasn't helped me so far, but it's good useless knowledge, no? XD
USSRGirl

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Sorry bro, only self published... er, just scribed. ^_^ I think most of us here are aspiring to be published and have a ways to go yet. Its one of my goals, but I respect and admire that you are so far along already. bravo. Keep at it bro and don't give up!

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Arvin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm actually looking myself. For the most part, I've been doing some online research about publishing and for writers and the like. In the meantime, however, I'm building up my resources so that God willing, when the time comes, I can write because I love to, not because I need to pay the bills.

The first lesson I ever learned was that writing isn't steadily profitable. Now some people get by and thrive because they love writing, and wouldn't mind paying the bills that way, but you can say I'm a bit different. I want to be completely free of obligations before I can truly say I do something because I love it. Is that weird?

Anyway, sorry to have derailed a bit. Holly Lisle gives some good pointers about publishing. At least, in my humble opinion. You could check her out (unless you already know what she said).
Arvin

Return to Writing