For those who want to write sci fi and fantasy

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

For those who want to write sci fi and fantasy

Postby Edward » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:00 pm

I found this really cool website while goofing around on the internet. Its a totally free online course created by sf writer Jeffrey A. Carver that helps aspiring sf/f writers get started learning about writing in those genres. I've looked into it and it seems pretty interesting. It contains a lot of examples, advice, and exercises for writing sf and fantasy. The advice will probably be obvious for a more experienced writer, but the website was designed for young adults who haven't written a whole lot. I'm only on Part 2 of the course, but so far it seems pretty cool, and I appreciate the examples and the activites more than anything.

And yes, it is completley free and does not require any downloads whatever.
Hopefully some of you can make use of it.
Edward

Postby Kaori » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:02 am

Hm, I might be able to use parts of that website for the creative writing class I'm about to teach, since it is geared towards middle school and high school students. Thanks for the link.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Edward » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Kaori (post: 1447030) wrote:Hm, I might be able to use parts of that website for the creative writing class I'm about to teach, since it is geared towards middle school and high school students. Thanks for the link.

Glad to hear that someone can make use of it. I hope it works out for you.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Asuka Neko » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:32 pm

thanks much! I just wrote a Sci Fi novel and uh... I've only ever written fantasy. So it was really hard. This might be nice to help out while I'm editing it! Thank you for sharing!
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Return to Writing