As of yet untitled idea.

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

As of yet untitled idea.

Postby KougaHane » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:44 pm

So I got this awesome idea for a book from a dream actually.
But the gist of it is that on planet Nox, where it is perpetually night, there were three immortals, Apollo, Prometheus, and Pandora. They existed before Death was brought to the planet in an event called The Opening. Death is the fourth immortal, which was rumored amongst the mortals as being a sign of the end of the oppressive government of the planet known as The Sigil. The Sigil plans to use the immortals in their quest for more power. That's the backstory
At the beginning of the plot: Apollo has been missing for hundreds of years, Prometheus willingly aids The Sigil for reasons unknown, and Pandora lives a rather exiled life, although she is allowed to travel into lands controlled by The Sigil because all attempts to capture her have failed and her power is too great to risk more lives. Also, she does not seem particularly hostile towards them. But one day (And this is where my dream actually starts, I made up the backstory on my own.) A man is about to be executed by the Sigil when suddenly he becomes Death (All the immortals can transform into a human form). He is immediately released and sent to the special forces center of the Sigil's army, where he stays shortly before Pandora uses a mixture of political influence and intimidation to transfer the man's custody from the government to her own. The man (who was me in the dream) then happily exits the building with Pandora. That's where my dream ended, but I'm definitely going to write the rest of it once I get a break.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Koshka » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Do immortals like chicken?
The user formerly known as Colonel Sanders

[color="Cyan"]"Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD, turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." -Proverbs 3:7-8[/color]

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby Nate » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Question. Why would beings on another planet far away from Earth have the same names as deities from Earth mythology? It doesn't make any sense. If you're going to give them names from Earth mythology, you need to make them the actual beings from those stories, or somehow set it in the past of Earth so that these beings somehow become the basis for the Earth mythology.

If you're not going to do that, give them original names. It's just very lazy to take names that famous and well-known from mythology and use them for no reason at all.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby KougaHane » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Well, I was kind of going for a rather symbolic approach. Obviously they wouldn't have the same names as Greek deities. But then I would have to make up an entire language for them and teach it to everyone who attempted to read the story, because there's no way they would know English. It's fiction. There's an element of suspension of disbelief. Besides, a character being named Pandora was actually in the dream. But I didn't want to set it on earth for a couple of reasons: 1) In the dream it was unclear whether I was in the real universe in the first place, 2) If I set it in the real universe, the idea of immortals and personification of Death clashes with Biblical theology, which I believe is true. I'm not just throwing the names around. I did research and know what they represent.

And yes, I'm sure they like chicken.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Return to Writing