Random Writings by Asuka

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Random Writings by Asuka

Postby Asuka Neko » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:26 pm

So... this is where I will post stuff that I write. First one is from a novel I've been re-writing. It was the first novel I've ever written, and this is the new version of it. I have yet to edit it, so beware!

There once was a world called Airiya. Nestled away in the deep corners of the strands of magic that line the universe, it sat stagnant, docile, and placid for years and years. The elvin ruler of the land was a kind and wise king, Ephirom Ayiria IX. He had no children to take his place, and his only son, Westdragon Ayiria II had disappeared years previous. Still, the king was unworried as to whom his royal line would be sent. He had many relatives who were all very noble and wise, with good heads on their shoulders and large families with much wealth to boot. The kingdom flourished, lands tended by pulsating of magical power through the very roots of the trees and the veins of the people. No one was worried about wars, famine, or danger. Everything seemed perfectly fine.

The king’s nephew was a man named Wyron Tyra, a tall, strong man with fair skin and light hair, who was as close to the king as his son had been. He was the duke of a small province outside of the great city of Ayiria, married to Willia Tyra, a noble of Firetower, the castle from the eastern desert. The family had great power, as their relatives hailed from both the east and west sides of Airiya. Willia’s homeland was a continent called Nerra, a land filled with harsh deserts, exotic people, and fine music, clothing, and many precious gems. She resembled one of the people of the desert, dark hair and olive-colored skin. Her eyes were a deep shade of copper with tiny fragments of chocolate brown scattered in them. She was beautiful, and spoke in a sweet, melodic accent, laced with all the foreign melodies of the desert land from which she came.

The beauty of Duchess Willia Tyra was known throughout the land, and one could only hope that her children would be passed down her exotic beauty and flavor of Nerranian lands. This hope, however, was to no avail. The Tyras had four children. The oldest, Sorcerer, was twenty years of age. He looked like his father: strawberry blonde hair, fair complexion, and grey-blue eyes. He was lanky and tall, very thin, and very lazy. No one would dare picture Sorcerer ascending the throne, for he would rather sleep than be in royal court. But still, he was charming, smiled often, and had inherited his mother’s beautiful voice. Sorcerer loved to sing, and attracted ladies like bees to honey with his sweet voice. The middle two sisters were twins, named Eleanor and Elmira. They both had darker hair, but it was still blonde by definition. They were also fairly tall with thin features, long faces, and high cheekbones. Their eyes were hazel-colored and their eyelashes thick and dark like their mother’s. They had thin wrists and beautiful long-fingered hands. The only way to tell the twins apart was to get them to laugh. Eleanor’s laugh was high and dainty, barely even audible, whilst Elmira’s was deep and loud, full of spirit and thunder.

The youngest child of the Tyra family was named Lorene. She was small in stature, thin, and dainty at first glance. She had a long curtain of silvery-blonde hair that fell far past her waist and was constantly being tossed over her shoulder by the wave of her hand whenever it fell into her crystal blue eyes. Lorene’s facial features were most desirable among her entire family. It was said that her beauty far surpassed even her mother’s, although her skin was fair and her hair light. Somehow, she was exotic in and of herself, like a single white rose among so many other red ones. Lorene was the plainest dresser of her entire family. She wasn’t fond of the silks and satins and oh-so-numerous layers of spun-gold fabric and sweet perfumes and heavy ornate jewelry. Lorene preferred simple cotton dresses that accented her form tastefully but did not show off her family’s incredible wealth or sense of fashion.

Lorene was known as an oddball among the royal court members, however beautiful. Many said she should not have been born a woman. Women, in fact, said this because they were exceedingly jealous of her beauty, and men said this because none of them were ever successful in courting her. Lorene had little if no interest in the male gender. She spent most of her time holed up in her family’s cavernous library, thumbing through books of magic and history. She was like the wind, there one place and not there the next. She rarely smiled purely, but rather held a spiteful grin at most times. This grin made her seem like somehow she knew more than anyone else, probably due to all of that time spent in the library. Lorene, for some odd reason, also possessed a number of swords with which she practiced in the family garden when no one else was around. She didn’t seem to care if she was seen in any negative way; rather, she didn’t notice how anyone of the court viewed her at all. And as a final facet to the oddity of her character, she refused to answer to her given name. There was one nickname with which she would comply: Rena.

Rena was possibly the last ladylike woman in the royal court. While not incessantly loud, she was sarcastic and rude to whoever put her off, and often showed off her extensive knowledge that could put even the best scholars to shame. She paid little to no attention to any man who’d dared attempt to court her, and seemed to pay more attention to her pet cat then to them. Handsome men from all over were rather put-out when a fifteen-year-old noblewoman slammed a door in their face and nearly broke their nose. Rena said that if a man, however handsome, decided to place his nose where it should not belong deserved to have it broken.

Aside from the direct relatives to the Tyra family, some more distant relatives also lived in their home of Tier Estate. Wyron’s sister-in-law, whose husband and oldest son had died long ago, Teritha Tyra, made her home there. Her eleven-year-old daughter, Gabriella, also abided in the Tier Estate. Gabriella was dark-haired, unlike most of the Tyra family, but had blue eyes like most of the others also did. She was very quiet and spent a lot of her time with Elmira and Eleanor. She also had a running friendship with one of the Estate’s most important servants, Mine. Rena liked this factor of her character; Gabriella was much more down-to-earth than the rest of her family.

And so, the peaceful lives of the Ayrian nobles continued day in and day out, with an occasional snide comment or slammed door by Rena. None of them could have predicted what was to come of their kingdom, or of the boiling evil currently just below their radar, creeping closer and closer to the palace every day. Life was pleasant, sickeningly so, and everyone lived in oblivious happiness. Because, as we all know, ignorance is bliss.

“Lorene! Lorene Annabelle Tyra, if you don’t open this door I swear I—“

“It’s Rena!â€
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 am

Are you okay with critique?
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Asuka Neko » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I'd rather not have any on this particular piece of writing since it hasn't been edited or anything. But in the future, when I put edited stuff up, it would be fine :)
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Return to Writing