Mute - a Story in Progress

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Mute - a Story in Progress

Postby Mister » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 am

Joel sat silently in the plush chair beside a young girl of only six who was his only daughter. the little girl, Adriana, breathed deeply as she slept on the chair, all curled up in a ball. Joel Macbeth was twenty eight, his wife of ten years had just passed away. Cancer had racked her body sense she was young, and their daughter was a miracle child because of it.

Two weeks after Adriana's sixth birthday, Joel's wife Megan was admitted into the hospital, where Joel now sat. It had been only twenty minutes after Joel had arrived that the Doctor had told him the news. the fourth stage terminal cancer had eaten her away and she had finally found peace from the pain. but that was two hours ago, and he had spent these past two hours wracking his brain, trying to find the words to tell his daughter that her mommy wouldn't be around anymore.

Joel's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of clothes shuffling next to him. little Adriana sat up in the chair and smiled sleepily up at her daddy. Adriana looked around the hospital waiting room with deep interest, and asked her daddy, "Papa, where is mommy?" There it was, the words he'd dreaded for the past two hours. Joel looked down at his little girl and fought for words. finally, when now words left his mouth, and only tears left his eyes, he hung his head and was silent.

Joel flinched inwardly when he suddenly felt Adriana's small hands on his, looked over at her bright smiling face, and was shocked beyond measure at her words. "It's o.k. Daddy," Adriana said sweetly, "we'll see here again." Joel stared at her and quickly said, "no sweetie, Mommy is gone, she won't be coming back!" Adriana's smile didn't lessen as she shook her head and said, "i know that daddy! but we'll see her in heaven someday with Jesus!" with those words she threw her arms around Joel's neck and hugged him.

Megan had always been a church goer, and one of the most pure and holy Christians he'd met, she was genuine. Joel had never been to church, even though Megan had often asked him to go with her. (to be continued :thumb:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Return to Writing