The Year is 2019: Why Are There Dragons?

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

The Year is 2019: Why Are There Dragons?

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:56 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Well...I was looking through some old stories, and though "Hey! Why couldn't I just put this up here?"

This was for a narrative writing assignment about two years ago.
Tell me what you think, and if I should continue this story or not...

Chapter 1: Introduction

"Aarie! Is your schoolwork through with yet?" a voice yelled

'Sigh...Ridelle again. Doesn't she know that she doesn't have to keep on about that?'
"I completed my work thirty minutes ago!" I yelled back.

"What are you doing on the computer?"

"Researching something for school! I have to write a five hundred word essay for Social Studies about some of the past civilizations! You know, like the Americans that fought in World War 3!" I said

Just then, Ridelle stepped into my blue and white sky room. She had her dark greenish hair tied up in a very long French braid. She brushed some fuzz off of her burnt orange and light peach knee-high dress. She makes our clothes herself.
"World War 3? That was twelve years ago! It started right after you were born."

'...Oh, that's right! I forgot to introduce myself to you! My name is Aarden Elincia Viceles. Please address me as Aarie, though. I am from the future, believe it or not! Yep! The year 2019! I know what you are thinking "Wouldn't future people automatically know everything? Or at least have some advanced-thinking brains?" Ah hah...no, we don't. I wish we did, though. It would save us a lot of time than just doing the distance formula.'

Ridelle had gone to some auditions for a starring role in a new movie. The movie, The Legend of Nasyrden, is coming out on January 1st of next year. Our blue point Siamese cat, DreamCatcher (D.C. for short), was still mewing after Ride. She is never permitted to walk herself outdoors, so she meows every time the door is opened or shut.

About two hours later, I suddenly heard knocking at the door. I got up out of my cloud swivel chair, brushed my light green hair out of my eyes, and walked up to the window. I looked out and saw no one there. I just looked at the door in curiosity and saw some paper shoved under it. I picked it up. It was just one of those superstitious people with a pamphlet about some bad thing that was going to happen on New Years.
It was the same thing as the Y2K scare in 2000. I wasn't alive then, but Ridelle said Mommy wasn't scared like some people were.

"Some people can be so stupid..." I said aloud, but I was thinking other things.
'What if it is true? What if something bad is going to happen?...I don't think it will...No! I can't think like that! God will make everything right! I hope...'

Later on that night, Ridelle came home.
"Did you get the part?" I asked urgently. She looked very tired

"No...but I did get a starring role in it! Not the one I wanted," she set her black velveteen purse down and sat beside me, "But who's complaining!" Then she started speaking very theatrically

"I shall be Ariainias of the Kites! The most graceful in the land!"

"Kites? As in those flying things that you hold onto with strings?" I asked, puzzled

"No, silly! A kite is a small bird related to the hawk! I think it's time for you to go to bed now, It's 11:00! G'night, Aarie!"
"Night, Ride!"[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Return to Writing