Writers Wanted

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Writers Wanted

Postby superninjaspy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:11 am

Riotgear Comics (Publishing "The Way") is looking for writers for paid work. If you feel like you have a story to tell, in a way that is competitive with other published manga (or comics), please submit your stuff! Pass this information on to your friends as well!

More information is available at our website:

http://www.riotgearcomics.com

-Tucker Image
superninjaspy

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:30 pm

Thanks for letting us know! I'm sure a few people will be interested!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:21 pm

I am a writer/artist currently seeking work. I checked out the website. I'm not very familiar with the comics market... (more familiar with the general writing market), but I believe I have stories that can be competitive, and have great potential for a mass-market audience. The stories that I write are colored with Christian themes, but are say - less Tim LeHaye and more Tolkien in style... ie, I don't "preach" (which I think is what you are looking for).

I do draw, but I think that I would be more valuable to you as a writer than as an artist. My style fits neither the typical comics style nor typical manga style, and while some people love my style, I've found a lot of hardcore manga fans do not, however, everyone seems to agree that I tell great stories.

I have several short stories that are complete, though I'm not sure what you would be looking for right now. I have one that I may submit to you after I have done a third revision to it (it is in its second draft, but my writer's club is currently reading it again to help me see ways to improve it). As it is, it is one of my best stories, but I'm a perfectionist, constantly polishing my work.

Please take a look at my main website: http://rhlem.net Please browse the Short Stories on there - I think several of my tales have great potential to become great graphic novels - I only have trouble deciding upon what I should formally submit. I don't know if you will take the effort to look at any of my work, but please do. I am highly interested in this opportunity - as I am in need of work and of publishing credits.

As a writer, I am strong with dialogue and worldbuilding - and can bring in several people here to testify to that. I believe, if hired, I can be an imaginative and creative aspect to you.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Lochaber Axe » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:20 pm

As a writer, I would be happy to help you in any possible way. If you would like to see my style and current projects then I will happily send you an online copy of what there is of my story, "Meledriel". It is however unfinished, but there are other projects in the wings that are more than suitable for your publication.

I am not seeking to be paid for my services. I have no formal training and in all respects, feel that my writing is not to the point of being paid for it. On the contrary, I am competent enough to recognize solid work and that my writing skills are improving with each time I continue my current project. As I have stated before, I gladly give whatever aid that I can give that is within my powers at this time. All I wish is to have the experience to become a better and professional writer.
Lochaber Axe

Postby churchgirl111 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:11 pm

umm...i am interested in writing although i have no proffessional training. I have some short stories on this forum if you wish to check the quality of my writing...i am in the current process of writing a book which is more of a Tolkien style whereas the message is in there but it doesn't tell you right out... I am young so i am unsure if you have to have a certain age to write professionally...so let me know...

I have some other manga/anime ideas that can be incorporated into my book that i am currently writing so making a story into manga isn't a problem..Thankyou
[quote] If not now then when? If not me then who?- anonymous

:thumb: LOVE AND PEACE!!!- Vash the Stampede

This is His testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son, He who has the Son of God has Life. He who does not have the Son of God does not have Life.-John

Why am i crying in French??- Vash the Stampede
:thumb: :P :jump:
churchgirl111

Return to Writing