LorentzTheory v2.0

Projects or project ideas in the works

LorentzTheory v2.0

Postby LorentzForce » Fri May 14, 2004 8:59 am

LorentzTheory v2.0 is near finishing. Don't know what it is? Let me give you a short summary.

LorentzTheory is a project I've been working on for quite some time, and it's a website management package. Think of it as a downloadable forum software, except it's not a forum but a website instead, yet still having all the management ease with uploading via forms, graphed statistics, locking certain people from viewing the site, instant change of layout of the pages, and a whole list of features.

LorentzTheory v1.0 is the current code I use for my website, http://lorentztheory.com/ and to be honest, the current coding for my site sucks. Big time. Afterall, it was only the first prototype for the LT project. LorentzTheory v2.0, on the other hand, is an absolutely new code with everything just expanded out for automation.

The new project is soon to be finished, but like my sig says not TOO soon. I've been programming for days without pause and I don't think I'm even half-way there. There are simply so many features you can have on it's mind boggling 0_0 I can say here, that in my 9~10 years of programming experience, this is going to be biggest project I'd have undertaken. Because it's not just simply making an easily managable site (I can do that in few hours), but making that code both secure and flexible and easily read that people can adapt to all sorts of website purposes.

When the whole code is finalised I'll release it to the public so people can download it and use it to make their own websites. Well, they have to get a PHP enabled host, so no free-hosting sites here.

The reason why I'm posting this here is because I see so many people wanting to make a site with an automated way of uploading pictures, easy site management with visitor statistics, art galleries, etc etc, and doesn't know anything past FTP. Your days of learning PHP without getting anywhere is over.

When it's entirely finished I hope many many people would use the software. I can see THOUSANDS of people using this platform to manage their site, because I've never seen a website that uses a code made by a 3rd party programmer entirely and still be secure and unique.

(and I'm also supporting Free Website Foundation :D I'm keeping the promise of releasing the code for my site this way.)

[edit] Oh, and the best feature I can think of for LTv2.0 is that you'll never 'have' to upload a static page again. Yep, it'll all do it with its own flat-file DB. Imagine the possibilities when I write a mod for this long time later so it supports MySQL... You read me, you can write/install custom mods for LTv2.0.
LorentzForce

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat May 15, 2004 8:46 pm

...I love
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby LorentzForce » Sat May 15, 2004 9:27 pm

Yay! Someone who is interested!

BTW, here's a testing page for the LT v2.0. http://lorentztheory.com/testing/index.php

None of the links work, and that's because it's not ready to have content added in. Notice the links on the side doesn't refer to another file of sort, but index.php on its own with a query string next to it. Number of files accessible will be limited to add possible increased security measures.

And yes, I like Techno. Depends on which though, just saying techno is like saying 'I like anime'. It's too much of a wide genre it's hard to say exactly what I like.

The features, if you need any, can be developed either by just me and/or by other coders. The engine is well documented with comments so it shouldn't be TOO hard to write a mod for it.
LorentzForce

Postby LorentzForce » Mon May 24, 2004 8:11 am

My dad just asked me to make a website. Using the 40% completed code, I made the testing site faster than dad went to register his new business. Imagine when I finish it completely.

Currently am going through the process of securing this, and adding more options, before I write the script for editing the pages, log system (have to write a custom flat-file DB that works in a single file and is fast enough... pain...), and uploading files and listing them. It's not so far off until alpha release.
LorentzForce

Postby Gremio » Mon May 24, 2004 8:53 am

Seriously that is interesting LF, I would probably use it to get away from Frontpage which I hate and Dreamweaver MX 2004 which confuses me to no end. Il be interested to see this when its done ;)

Gremio

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:54 pm

Graph.php is done; graphing of hits vs time works flawlessly.

80% done. Will be releasing very, very soon :)

[edit]
http://lorentztheory.com/testing/admin.php?statistics

Check if it works. I safely chmodded the thing so no-one can edit the settings yet (I hope) but can see some stats.
LorentzForce

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:00 pm

Suspense
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby LorentzForce » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:21 am

Nah, I have to finish this in few weeks, and at least the basic parts in a week. It'll be released faster than a falling brick. Well, in space.
LorentzForce

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:26 pm

The Beta version is released today!

Link

I'm not officially supporting it that I won't help you install it, but it's there for download and if you can figure out how to use it yourself while I type up the readme file that describes how to use it, good for you :)

Took me ages to code this thing. Enjoy it.

It's under GNU General Public Licence, so modify away.
LorentzForce

Postby Master Kenzo » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:15 am

It looks pretty cool...The links are hard to read though. Maybe it's just me.

And if you're going to make a content management system - gonna be a LOT of work to top the other good portals out there (such as Postnuke) ... but I'm sure you can do it :) I'll have to take a look at it myself *downloads*
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:20 pm

Yes, I'm checking it against other programs that does the same, but it looks like mine's the easiest to mod.

Oh, and if you can't read the links then I'll change it. It's in the CSS.
LorentzForce

Return to New Projects and Ideas