A movie/graphic novel idea

Projects or project ideas in the works

A movie/graphic novel idea

Postby SuprahKahn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Hello! This is an idea that I've had for quite a while, and I thought I'd post it here since this seems like a good environment to get some feedback and suggestions. :D

City of Wolves
This is an idea I came up with for a graphic novel/ film to address several perspectives on human nature, desire as well as the consequences of our actions.
City of Wolves: A battle royale in a large, futuristic, opulent city between three different sides:

The Baxter Twins (Ace and Molly): These two broke bounty hunters just want to collect some scumbags and drop them off at the police station so they can restock their sparse fridge. At first, when they hear about all the criminal activity taking place in Modos City, it sounds like the ultimate meal ticket. But when they arrive, they instead find themselves caught and fighting for their lives in a grand scale web of chaos, lies and corruption.
Additional facts:
1. The Baxter twins ride two black motorcycles that have the ability lock together as one vehicle, allowing them to tag team between driving and firing weapons.
2. They are both 19 years old, but Molly is 3 minutes older than Ace.
3. Their mother died in a car crash and their father has been missing for 10 years and was a motorcycle cop (which may have influenced their choice of transportation).

Mayor Benedict: The, charismatic, calculating, power hungry mayor of Modos. After he came into office 10 years ago, he managed to corrupt the entire city government and police force and made Modos into the ultimate center of trade and prosperity. He is large and in charge, likes it that way, and will keep it that way by any means necessary. If only he could just get that “Jane” woman killed.
Additional Facts:
1. HE LIKES HIS COFFEE BLACK. Like, really black.
2. Benedict keeps two antique Spanish pistols in his desk.
3. Don’t be silly, that would be spoiler territory.

“Jane”: Basically female Deadpool. Being public enemy #1 ain’t easy, but Jane sure has everyone fooled. This impossibly resourceful and cheerful 20-something makes the Joker look about as threatening Ronald McDonald. She loves blowing things up, mainly Modos’s most expensive pieces of architecture and most of all, ticking off Mayor Benedict. In fact, her main goal in life is to blow up the entire city for some unknown reason. Upon the Baxter twins’ arrival at Modos, she manages to escape from the city asylum’s most heavily armored containment unit, all while singing Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now”.
Additional Facts:
1. “Jane”, upon escaping, wears a tattered ladies’ business suit that she stole from some pretentious city official who was inspecting the facilities. She continues to steal clothes throughout the story.
2. Not much is revealed about “Jane” at the beginning of the story, but it is revealed that “Jane” is not her real name.
3. I’d put a third fact, but if I tell you anymore, I’d have to kill you.

Thank you for reading!
SuprahKahn

Re: A movie/graphic novel idea

Postby silvershock95 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 am

Whoa, no one's replied to this? :O

Hey there! I'm afraid this is one of the very few times I've actually given constructive criticism on something, so please take everything I say with a pinch of salt!

I like the characters you've given, they seem to each have a clear purpose within the story. However, how do all these characters interlink with each other? What is the main point or goal that is trying to be achieved by the end of the story?

Also what reason does Jane have for destroying the city? If you don't know yet perhaps you could think of some sort of reason or back-story for her which would explain her ideals for doing so.

I like the idea of the motorbike though :D It's very imaginative and reminds me of something from The Dark Knight ^^

This is just some really basic points to make, but you don't have to agree with me of course! Just thought I'd give a few pointers here and there so you can hopefully get this developed into a story!
silvershock95

Postby SuprahKahn » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Thank you for responding! I was wondering if anyone was ever going to!
Anyway, on the subject of how they interlink, I still am trying to figure that one out. I have a couple ideas, namely the Baxter's dad's disappearance and Mayor Benedict's backstory but its still needs work.

As for Jane, yes, she has a backstory, probably the most developed out of all of the characters as of now. She actually was the adopted daughter of the previous mayor of Modos, when it was called Canaston and before it became a huge city. Back then, it was a somewhat more rural town that prioritized the well being of its citizens, the homeless and orphans over expansion and capital growth. Benedict was previously a member of the city council who constantly argued with the mayor about improving the town amd then ultimately resorted to assasinating him in order achieve his goals for the city.
Unbeknownst to Benedict, "Jane" saw her adopted dad killed right in front of her and went into hiding. After years of watching the town she loved torn down and replaced by multimillion dollar highrises, she finally snapped and decided to tear all of Benedict's handiwork down and rebuild Canaston. Jane is not actually insane, her crazy behavior is an intentional front she uses to prevent her opposition from seeing how alone and frightened she is and to distract herself from her broken past. She also uses it to her advantage by seeming unpredictable. After Jane acquires knowlege and skill in demolition and strategy, Benedict and Jane end up developing a cat and mouse relationship, but he still doesn't know who she really is or why she's destroying his city. At some point in the story I plan to tell this story in proper context, but again, still figuring that out.
SuprahKahn

Postby silvershock95 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Oh right, I actually think that backstory works out pretty well! Yeah, once you develop the context I think it'll really begin to flow into your story. Her character is well thought through too in regards to explaining her actions!

If you feel comfortable with this I have a Skype if you'd like to discuss this further? Mine is cookiecape95, if not just PM me! :)
silvershock95

Postby SuprahKahn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Ok, I dont have an operational skype just yet, but we can PM until I do. By the way, thanks for taking an interest in my idea here, I appreciate it!
SuprahKahn

Return to New Projects and Ideas