Projects or project ideas in the works

Postby Straylight » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:40 pm

I've been thinking -- vBulletin has an avatar database system that I haven't put to any use yet. What I want to do is put together a team which produces avatars. If you are interested, post a 64x64 GIF avatar into this thread.. this will act as a kinda "audition". I will PM anyone who I accept onto the team. Thanks!

I've created something to give an idea of the standard I'm aiming for.
NOTE: Any submitted avatars MUST be your own original work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:09 pm

Here's one I just did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby calbhach » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:24 pm

Here mine ^^

Oh, and here's one where you can see the border a little bit better...I thought the white would show up better than it did ^^;;;

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:46 am

Hey wait a minute! I told you that I thought something like this would be a good idea waaaay back when I first joined. That's why the avatar gallery submission thread exists, remember? :P :P :P

Oh yeah I guess I should probably post an avatar. Do they have to be 64x64? That size is really hard to find templates for.

And thank you to Andyroo for telling me about this thread. At least I think it was him. :sweat:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:04 pm

No offens
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby inkhana » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:07 pm

>No offense but what's up with all the weird little squares and shapes in the avatars...they sorta ruin the pic

Well...the thing is...-anybody- can cut an avatar out in a paint program. Not everybody (this includes me, btw) can take a little pic like that and dress it up so it looks decent. I think the little shapes are cool...I don't think they ruin the pic at all, they're like jewelry.

Sorry to take up time on your thread, SL. I just wanted to say that, even though I don't have a reasonable contribution to make. *bows out*

EDIT: I retract my previous statement...at least as it pertains to my avatars. The only decent one I've ever made was the one I'm attaching. While I don't think I'd be consistent enough to be on the team, you can put this one into you db if you want to...:) If you don't like it, you don't have to, either. No big deal.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to New Projects and Ideas