Music Project...

Projects or project ideas in the works

Music Project...

Postby Enthralled » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:38 pm

I am constantly working on music... haha, interesting way to start a thread.
Anyways, for the longest time I have absolutely loved the way the NES sound card ahh... sounds. Haha!

So I finally got my hands on a program that can duplicate it's sound, and have started work on an instrumental CD (actually I'm about 7 songs into the 12 that are going to make up this CD, each running at about 2-4 minutes). The title is tentatively called "NESmetal". Mainly for the fact that, yes, it sounds like nintendo music (except for the not-so-NES-sounding strings that run through parts of the CD), and I love intricate, technical, melodic metal. For genre's sake I guess you would call the style progressive/NES/metal, (with alot of influence from Ninja Gaiden, and Castlevania as well).

But, I'm not just writing music for the sake of writing music. Some of these songs are based of off scripture. Others might be a prayer or simply a praise to God, that I put music to.
All praise and honor be to the Lord God of Israel!! My Redeemer!!
Enthralled

Postby Saint Kevin » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:06 am

Where'd you get the program? I wanna make some music too. Have you ever considered doing some OC Remixes? Also, be sure to send me your cd through AIM when you finish, I'm dying to here what you came up with.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Enthralled » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:39 am

OC Remixes? Not quite sure what you mean by that.
Well, I imagine I should be done fairly soon. I just got done with the 7th song tonight ... rather, this morning. If you want I could send you a few tracks as soon as you want.

Oh, and the program is called Fruity Loops. I don't know of your familiar with it or not. It was designed mainly to create techno stuff so I just picked out some instruments that sounded pretty close if not identical to the NES. The drums are pretty close to the drum sound on Ninja Gaiden 1.

Besides that, I've made a CD of songs that I worked on over the past year (about 32 of em) with this program.
Enthralled

Postby JediSonic » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:16 am

Woahh... I wanna see em! If you give them to me over AIM, I could probably host them for you so people can link to em.
JediSonic

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:54 am

I found a program a while ago called NerdTracker that allows NES-style music composition; although while it's DOS-based freeware, it is discontinued. Have a look if you like:

http://nesdev.parodius.com/nt2/

This is the program I used to arrange Wonderful Grace of Jesus on the Melodies of Heaven page of my site; while the interface takes some getting used to, it's actually very good. I've lately been using it more for making sound effects for The Traveller's Guide than making music, though. ^_^

A very highly recommended program. :thumb:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Enthralled » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:34 pm

The Melody Maker: Hmm.. I don't think I've ever heard of that program before. I'm pretty new to music programs on computer and stuff. I've only had Fruity Loops for alittle less than a year. It does sound very interesting though.

JediSonic (haha, I love that name!): Hey man! Thanks alot! I'm usually online alot, so anytime you see me on, or visaversa, I'll send em to you.
Enthralled

Postby Spencer » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Enthralled wrote:OC Remixes? Not quite sure what you mean by that.

Overclocked Remix (OC Remix) is a website where you can send in remixes of video game music in midi form. I got the Zelda overworld and an Earthbound song. Just thought I'd let you know what OC Remix was. :thumb:

btw, here's a link to the website: OC Remix
:)
Spencer

Postby Enthralled » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:55 pm

Oh ok haha, thanks! I'll be sure to check that out.

To answer your question then SaintKevin, I have done 3 Castlevania remixes, and a song from Mega Man 3.
Enthralled

Postby Enthralled » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:28 pm

Well, I've gotten about 41 seconds into the 8th song. And as of about 4:15 today, the great and mighty JediSonic has worked some amazing compressing skills, thus enabling him to host two of the songs from the upcoming 'NESmetal album'.

Haha, sounds silly. Anyways, a big thanks to JediSonic for helping me with this.
If you want to hear some of what I've been working on here's the link (because of the compression, the sound is a bit more gritty than the originals, but that makes them sound better I think! Good job JS!)

http://www.geocities.com/codeiscool/NESmetal.zip
Enthralled

Postby JediSonic » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:32 pm

Enthralled wrote:Well, I've gotten about 41 seconds into the 8th song. And as of about 4:15 today, the great and mighty JediSonic has worked some amazing compressing skills, thus enabling him to host two of the songs from the upcoming 'NESmetal album'.

Haha, sounds silly. Anyways, a big thanks to JediSonic for helping me with this.
If you want to hear some of what I've been working on here's the link (because of the compression, the sound is a bit more gritty than the originals, but that makes them sound better I think! Good job JS!)

http://www.geocities.com/codeiscool/NESmetal.zip

Honestly, you're too kind :sweat:

Actually, do to a lil problem geocities seems to have with linking to zip files, you may need to copy the link to your address bar rather than click on it.
JediSonic

Postby Enthralled » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:00 pm

hmmm.... haha, something went wrong in the process and the two songs in the zip file are not the two songs they should be.. however that is the first song for the album! hahaha!

so... ah.. I guess your going to have to wait to hear the two songs those should've been. But anyway, enjoy. Oh, and as alittle forwarning, in this song in particular I was expirementing with some odd timings. So if some of it seems like a jarbled mess, listen to it a few more times and you will start to hear the patterns.
Enthralled

Postby JediSonic » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:34 pm

Whoops! My mistake :P

I apologise for the inconvenience, the problem is now fixed ;)
JediSonic

Return to New Projects and Ideas