Rusty's Animation Spree

Projects or project ideas in the works

Rusty's Animation Spree

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:12 am

I recently downloaded MMD (Miku Miku Dance) for it's anime-like appearence and physics engine. After using it for a couple of weeks, it shot up to my favorite program, even to the point where I actually finished a project! (That is pathetically rare for me...) I got one or two positive comments on my work, and was gennerally pleased with it myself, so I decided to keep it up.

This thread only recently entered into my scheme of things thanks to a chat session after which someone said it should be animated. I took that as a challenge, and volunteered to try it.

Animation is a rather time consuming task, (1 minute projects can take up to a week to complete) so I made this thread to post updates and links to completed vids, so people wouldn't think I've forgotten the stuff I said I'd do.

What I have decided upon is keeping only two active projects at one time, one of my own design, and one requested project. Feel free to request a project, but a request will only be accepted once the previous one has been completed. Requests will not que, and I will decline if my skills ore resources are inadequate for the projects.

In that case, I highly suggest you get your own copy of MMD. PM me if your interested and I'll send you a link.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:17 am

Here is a link to my first completed project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVJWth-HOhE.

After a failled attempt at a music video, I decided to try something a little more basic. So a comedic skit seemed the best choice. Luckily, one of my favorites wasn't a part of a five minute montage.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 am

Current Projects:

1. Durarara! intro music video.

Basically Kaito and the gang jamming out a stage performance of one of my favorite show's intros. Any valid info (like the actual name of the song, and who it is by) would be appreciated. Estimated Running time: ~1:30"

2. DaimondDragon vs. Midknight[numbers] aka DDvsMID

The animated chat. Super mega glomping to lightspeed chases. All to a mysterious song titled (to the best of my knowledge) Omaji carnival. Estimated total running time, ~2 minutes. The actors are:
Kaito as Myself
Miku as DD
Len as Mid
Neru as Angel
...as of yet. I still have a tad bit of research to do.
Current Project completion:
Durarara! ~ 5%
DDvsMID ~25%
Rusty Claymore

Postby acgifford » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:57 pm

XDDDDDDDDD that was awesome!!!
acgifford

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Keep up your hard work Mo/Rust
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Ty!!
Update on DDvs MID:
I now have 33" of footage complete. That's 33 seconds, not inches, in case you were wondering... >.>
I also disabled the physics engine, due to it's randomly generating fanservice during playback. Apparently skirts do wierd things at high speeds. Unfortuneate, becase now the hair doesn't blow around.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Wave » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:31 am

Kool! That was well done. So Why dose the girl with the green hairs tie look like it is blowing in the wind. Just curries. ^^

wave.
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:09 pm

@Wave: That's the physics engine. While moving, it makes clothes and hair move as if it were RL. While stationary, it twitches and moves because of how the program thinks. Also it reacts to getting touched by her sleeves and arms. Usually it's so small it isn't noticeable, but sometimes it freaks out...

Update DDxMID:
Discovered a trick to merge to stages to create a room, rather than a three-sided stage that opens up to a lame rendition of heaven. (Just white nothingness.) I'll have to look at the script again, but I'm almost to the chase scene, so close to completion. Since the subbing will be done in Movie Maker, I have no idea what %age it's at now, and I'm too lazy to come up with a number... XD
Rusty Claymore

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:04 pm

OOH that's really cute! ^_^ I really enjoyed that one you posted, keep up the work and I'm looking forward to seeing more!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby steenajack » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Dude that was awesome! I'm so subscribing to your channel. You ever thought about trying more comedy sketches like this? Brad Stine and Tim Hawkins are very hilarious. You can also do this with funny convention panel moments with voice actors or something. Such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbql9_4dTRM

But you know, these are just suggestions and ideas. :D
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 pm

There will be a momentary hold on progress as I minimize stress whilst dealing with a social issue. Troubleshooting animation while you feel like screaming at the top of your lungs and drinking an endless stream of milkshakes doesn't go over well...
Rusty Claymore

Postby steenajack » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1418059) wrote:There will be a momentary hold on progress as I minimize stress whilst dealing with a social issue. Troubleshooting animation while you feel like screaming at the top of your lungs and drinking an endless stream of milkshakes doesn't go over well...

Oh dear! Well, I hope things get better for you. :(

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Thank you, though it just got worse. Oh well, it made me sit here and mindlessly download accessories and stuff from the internet. The minigun would have made me really happy if I didn't feel like my stomach was torn out. I'll probably just start work again, since I need something to occupy my thoughts.
Look for updates soon! XD
Rusty Claymore

Postby steenajack » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 pm

I'll be praying for ya Rusty.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Ok, back in business! I really spend too much time on my video games... ▬_▬ but... I... must... unlock...
Anyways! Got a little farther with DDvsMid, and managed to turn lassooing(?) into throwing a leek at someone. Really cheesey though since said leek doesn't move, it teleports. Oh well. It's a fun little goofy piece anyways.
Rusty Claymore

Postby steenajack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Glad that you seem to be doing better. :) Have fun with your projects.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby Beau Soir » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 pm

That was amazing! Great sense of realistic movement there. And really funny, Brian Regan, hehe... :) Keep it up!!

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Update! I'm abridging DDvsMid. If I didn't, it'd feel dragged out waaaaay too long. And having lightspeed chases when I haven't successfully gotten a character to walk right is being interesting. I'm still having a good laugh though. Just have to have an escalting running scene(where the chars don't go anywhere... >.>) and Mid turning into an old man. (Donning a beard somehow. I'm working on it... >.<) Then I'll see what I want to do next. Realized that to do music vids one must do story boards. Story boards are are like red matter or cryptonight to people who get destracted with details. ▬_▬
Rusty Claymore

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 pm

KaedeKarasuma (post: 1422929) wrote:That was amazing! Great sense of realistic movement there. And really funny, Brian Regan, hehe... :) Keep it up!!

Haha, glad you liked it! It was fun to make. The next vid I'm working on wont have the realisticity (I had to turn off the physics to avoid fanservice...) since it's just a goof off piece, but then I'm going to try a music video, or another lip sync if I find a good copy.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Beau Soir » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1422932) wrote:Haha, glad you liked it! It was fun to make. The next vid I'm working on wont have the realisticity (I had to turn off the physics to avoid fanservice...) since it's just a goof off piece, but then I'm going to try a music video, or another lip sync if I find a good copy.

Yep :3 Ah, I see... that's really neat though. I'm looking forward to the next one you share with us!

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:25 pm

I've just got a confirmed blue screen of technical stop 0x00000124... so Roy(my compy) may need surgery soon... hopefully things won't go toast. I won't have time to check it out for a bit though... but I'll keep working when I can. XP
Rusty Claymore

Postby steenajack » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Okee dokie Rusty. Will be waiting patiently. :D

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Return to New Projects and Ideas