New tabletop/mud roleplaying system.

Projects or project ideas in the works

New tabletop/mud roleplaying system.

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:24 pm

I am woring on the background story for a new roleplaying system and I am open to ideas as to how to design the structure of the system. For those that remember I made a post else ware in the forum about making a writing group, well we could use this to get it started.

If any one is interested in helping with races, class, weapons etc please let me know.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Are you making a gaming system? Or a specific game?
A system would just be determining how the universe works, such as how far a rock flies when you throw it. An actual game would involve the races classes and the weapons involved, especially since all of those are very setting based.

Take for example the Savage Worlds System. Throughout the system there are around 20 different games all with different settings, from wild west to steampunk to sci-fi superheros. All of the combat, stats and basic game mechanics (the roleplay system) are the same throughout. Within each game though, are different weapons, races, enemies, powers and technologies.

Usually if one makes a game one has to develop a system. If that is all you plan to make for this system to use (for example, a fantasy game) you don't have to work out the statistical differences in power between guns, bows and laser rifles. If you want to allow for a wider range of settings, then you have to accommodate for these sorts of differences.

So, what're ya buildin'

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 pm

both, the game I want to make takes a different aproach to the differnt "realms" or "planes" of reality than most other systems. Rather than being static dementions, the different levels are going to be treated like wind or ocean currents and be made of smaller parts that are treated like bands of electromagnetic energy. Also I'm looking at alternatives to the traditional magic, alignment and diety systems.

The game is allegorical, at least in part. The most noticible place would be the origin story. It's kinda like an philosophicaly experimantal version of Narnia/Middle Earth. I hope this helps
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Return to New Projects and Ideas