Messiah honoring entertainment firm

Projects or project ideas in the works

Messiah honoring entertainment firm

Postby RefractedAhav » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm

I would like to start a firm similar in concept to alloy, but producing only Christ honoring material. Also I would like to not stick with books, tv, and film but cover then entire spectrum of media. This includes stage as well as print and film. I already have some seeds for some new story ideas. This group could also function like the inklings encouraging and challenging each of it's members to improve.

who's in?
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby goldenspines » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:23 am

Moved to New Projects and Ideas.

Sadly, school takes up most of my time right now to help out with this, but I wish you the best of luck, Elowen. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:04 am

thank you, I couldn't find where to post this.

I understand completely about school taking up all your time. I learned the heard way not to agree to do to much.

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:07 am

I'm not sure all I can do, but I'll try with whatever you may need help with ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Alcuinus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:18 am

I think this is a fascinating idea and I encourage you to pursue it. I had toyed with the idea of proposing a guild-like group of artists here. Some of the ideas I came up with might be useful to you.

1. I think the standard of quality needs to be high. Perhaps append an "official seal" or whatever to any pieces that are approved as high quality to serve as an an endorsement (don't expect that to be applicable for quite a while, however).
  2. There needs to be defined set of leaders who themselves have demonstrated much talent and ability in the subject of their jurisdiction. They would also need to be committed to the ideal of advancing the other members in their abilities and be able to provide helpful insight in how to do so. This could be as simple as writing tutorials or even hosting weekly challenges of some kind.
  3. Membership status must be very open and encourage artists of all levels of ability to join. I feel there are plenty of talented people out there who simply don't exercise that talent. They then recognize their work as under-par and are discouraged never realizing (in the archaic sense of that word) their God given talents. This would mean that the leaders would need to help encourage and instruct on all levels of ability.
  4. Call me Freud (or please don't!) but I also think the sense of community and organization as a psychological element is also very key. I would suggest maybe an image or badge for member's sigs (or whatnot if this organization would extend beyond CAA) to give that sense of organization. (perhaps a rank system could be applicable as well).

These are just a few ideas. Take or leave 'em as you see fit. As a final note, I was hoping to do this for anime art on the forum perhaps forming a group of some kind, but I wanted to wait until I was much better at the style... and art in general before even giving it another thought. Should you proceed with your plan I would love to be a part of it if I can.
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 am

Very interesting idea and I would like to help as best as I can. One thing you must do is start small... many good ideas fail simply for taking on to much. Also remember that such a firm will cost money and will be a major hurdle that you will continuously have to jump over.

Lastly, test whether this is the Lord's will. If it isn't, then it would be fruitless and stressful to continue.
Lochaber Axe

Postby Alcuinus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:39 am

Lochaber Axe (post: 1389447) wrote:Also remember that such a firm will cost money and will be a major hurdle that you will continuously have to jump over.

Just out of curiosity... why would it cost money?
Alcuinus

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:42 am

I understand about the money, but there are ways around that, especially if I start small as you say. Eventualy high cost will be inevitable, but right now I just need an agreed apon framework of operations and a dedicated group of talented people. I may only need one or two to get started.

I believe this is what God has been leading me towards over the past several years.

RefractedAhav

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Alcuinus (post: 1389450) wrote:Just out of curiosity... why would it cost money?

Things like renting space for a studio, art supplies, computer programs, internet, phone service, domain names, render farm time, press costs and even paying employees costs money. This isn't even accounting for what startup might take.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 pm

the seedling of a plan I have right now, has the group starting off in a group like the inklings and building up from there.

RefractedAhav

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Start a group, produce sample products, maybe an investor will be interested?
Ante Bellum

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1389504) wrote:Start a group, produce sample products, maybe an investor will be interested?

It's kind of hard to persuade people to do work for free.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1389513) wrote:It's kind of hard to persuade people to do work for free.

true, however it's not imposible. Nor would it be forever for free.

RefractedAhav

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:13 pm

just looked through alloy entertainment's catalog and I am more convinced then ever that I need to do this. I don't want to make a church friendly alternative to popular entertainment or even simply compete with Alloy for entertainment market space. What I want is more media that while not necessarily Christian still promotes Godly values while not being too preachy or in your face. I don't believe we should shy away from the topic of faith but embrace it. I belive that you are what you believe and I think that the art and media produced by this group should show that as well.

If you can't help at this time I understand, but please pray for me any way.

RefractedAhav

Postby Alcuinus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:40 pm

If only I were better at art I'd be ready and willing to help... I don't think there aren't any people out there willing to help for free... I'm one of 'em.... I just have an utter lack experience. :(
Alcuinus

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:56 pm

tis ok. Just keep drawing. I'm still no where close to were I want to be skill wise, and alot of that has to do with the fact that I didn't practice drawing as often I should have. I almost quit after high school. If it helps find a drawing group to keep you accountable. I've looked for one here but have trouble meeting people. Maybe you will fare better.

As for the for free, you just wouldn't be paid upfront. If the piece makes money, the author/artist makes money. I'm thinking only asking for 10% of off profit and rewards for the group's finances. Group money will be used for advertising works, travel for sending members to cons and festivals, and compensation for work. I haven't gotten the financial stuff or anything else for that matter completely figured out, but this is what I have so far.

RefractedAhav

Return to New Projects and Ideas