View a Trailer of my New Projects!

Projects or project ideas in the works

View a Trailer of my New Projects!

Postby Souba » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:58 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]Hey all,
I recently self published issue #2 of my comic book called [color="RoyalBlue"][color="DarkRed"]Jackket[/color] [color="DeepSkyBlue"]Knightmare[/color] and I'm currently working on issue #3, but I wanted to share a small sample of other projects I'm working on you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EdQI0-YiLU

My goal is to make comics that entertain but also talk about faith not sacrificing creativity in the process. With Jackket about 70% if not more of people who buy an issue are not Christian and they do not think the comic is Christian on the surface. I think God has designed them to be that way to speak to people on a deeper level one that's real.
Anymoo, I hope you all will enjoy the trailer!
Beloved in Grace,
Souba

PS If you want an issue of Jackket Knightmare you can order issue #1 through christiancomics.net and issue #2 at comixpress.com or you can order both at my website velvetnightmarestudios.com/jk also find out more about the other 3 projects.[/color]
Souba[/color]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Interesting! The art style is unique, and it's an interesting approach to a Christian comic. Although, I can't imagine what must go into the coloring.
Ante Bellum

Postby Souba » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:10 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]Thank you for the comments, Ante. It's hard but fun coloring my artwork it's really my favorite part of the whole process! :-D Btw are you on cosplay.com? Your avatar looks familiar!
Beloved in Grace,
Souba[/color]

Souba

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm actually not. Well, I am, but I was never able to get my pictures to upload. I've never really done coloring because the only thing we have around here is a bunch of Crayola pencils, but my mom uses those for drafting (to add some color). I'm just starting to get into digital art, so I'm not used to it.
Ante Bellum

Postby Souba » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:20 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]Oh then I must have seen the avatar here. :) It's a cool Vincent costume he actually inspired my character Jackket in 2004. I also did some cosplay of Tifa from FFVII: AC. ^^
I used watercolor pencils & markers for coloring then just add textures in photoshop so I do both. I prefer drawing on good old paper I'm not a big fan of the tablet thing.
Beloved in Grace,
Souba [/color]

Souba

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm okay with a tablet, far from perfect, but I like that I can perfectly erase my mistakes on Photoshop. XD
I'm thinking of trying to color with traditional media but haven't worked on it yet.
Ante Bellum

Return to New Projects and Ideas