Nameless RPG in the Works

Projects or project ideas in the works

Nameless RPG in the Works

Postby Zyborg22 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but it seemed like the best place to put this. If this is the wrong place, let me know.

Jude (a friend from the Christian Furry Fellowship), Robin Firedrake, Kail (some other guy from the Christian Furry Fellowship), and I are working on a computer roleplaying game. So far, we have a roughly sketched out world, the beginnings of a story, and a system to work in to make the stuff. However, we still need writers, artists, scripters, and/or people who can learn how to do these things. We may also need someone to handle the website.

The OHRRPGCE is the game system we'll be using to make it.

We're probably going with 32-bit sprite work, or at least as close to it as the OHRRPGCE allows us to.

The Basic Plot: The world this takes place on has an inactive Sun, so there's a tower in the "center" of the world that provides the neccessary light. The bad guy has taken control of this tower, and the heroes need to kick him out somehow. The world's "genre" is steampunk fantasy. Jude's the one who is writing this (for the most part), so I'll probably end up asking him for more details.

Characters: As for species, the sapient characters will be either human and anthropomorphic creatures (but not at the same time). We’re still working on the personalities and stuff, though.

Cliches: We're trying to avoid being too cliche, although we might put one in if we absolutely must.

Extra Stuff From Jude:
"Just say that the setting stays, though the actual story that plays out is always up for revision. We've got thousands of years of history to play with - from the creation to the Bad Ol' Days that put out the sun, to life during the Tower's heyday, to the Sun coming back. Though, I'd like to keep it steampunk, as I dont' have any real skill in writing that genre, I wouldn't mind making that somewhat fluid either."

Places to Go:
Every once in a while, we meet in an IRC chatroom to discuss the game.

Server: red-king.org
channel: #RPGTalk

We also have a forum, a blog, and a wiki for the game, but most of the forum is unavailable unless you join. I'm not sure I really want to show the wiki to everyone who reads this, but I'm keeping the link to it until I know whether it's alright to not show it.

There isn't a lot on any of these yet, but that will hopefully change.
Zyborg22

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Just cause it sank.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Hmm... Sounds good! I'd love to help, I'm a writer and some stuff I can draw. (Back grounds and such.) PM me to let me know!
Arya Raiin

Return to New Projects and Ideas