Looking for an Artist to start up a short webmanga project

Projects or project ideas in the works

Looking for an Artist to start up a short webmanga project

Postby Strafe » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 am

Hey, I'm Strafe and I am bored this summer.

That is true. However, while I may be bored now, I took some time to jot down story ideas this past year, and came to the startling conclusion that I have no method of putting any of these ideas into a project. One, the works best fit a sort of manga or comic (preferably manga, due to the plot heavy nature), and two, I can't draw for my life.

That being said, I am looking for an artist who is willing to take some time for a collab with me, without pay... with me being the writer. I want to be able to work at a reasonable pace, to accommodate my laziness :thumb:. Meaning, the work will probably not take too much time off your schedule, since I'll try to be really loose with deadlines so that you can go back to your daily lives.

In terms of my own credentials, I... don't really have too much to say. I am a "nationally published poet" from some obscure national poetry competition that was advertised at my school. The book I was published in seems legit... but its nothing to really be proud of. Aside from that, I have never been recognized for a storyline.

On the Project Christian forums, I have posted various examples of my work.

Here is the thread where I posted various storyline ideas:

http://theproject.us/forum/index.php?topic=111.0

Here is a thread with a short story I submitted to a local competition (to no avail)

http://theproject.us/forum/index.php?topic=116.0

Out of those, the stories I would most be inclined (for mostly their short nature) to work with are Mainland (The short story), The triangle shirtwaist idea, and if shortened dramatically (meaning, DRAMATICALLY) one of the longer ones.

The Mainland story can be divided into three short chapters or a one shot

The Shirtwaist one can be a one shot

And the long ones can be decided on if we get there.

I don't mean to say that we have to do any one of these, because I can come up with a plot, or we can both make one, but these are just examples of my ideas.

For anyone interested, please post in this thread or contact me with a link to samples of your artwork, and if applicable, to examples of manga or comics you have authored. From there, I will contact you again to tell you whether or not i am willing to work with you.

And again, to avoid misunderstandings, I cannot pay for this commission.

Thank you,
Strafe
Strafe

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:06 am

Moved to New Projects and Ideas.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Hmm. It just so happens that I am a wandering artist ( not profound enough to be a mangaka) who wants to do a small manga, but lack a story.

What do you have in mind? Your links won't work on my computer. PM me.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Phantom_Sorano (post: 1325647) wrote:Hmm. It just so happens that I am a wandering artist ( not profound enough to be a mangaka) who wants to do a small manga, but lack a story.

What do you have in mind? Your links won't work on my computer. PM me.

The links won't work cause he linked em wrong or something. Click the link and remove the first http:// in the address bar and you will go to the right page :D
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Robin Firedrake » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 pm

What a coincidence! I too am in search of an artist! Perhaps another could help me?
Robin Firedrake

Postby Strafe » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:43 pm

lol. I like how you post on a board about finding an artist, when you can't help at all. jk np. But good luck finding an artist.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:06 am

*Points at my title* that should be reason enough for me to do what I did =P
Robin Firedrake

Postby Strafe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:17 pm

lol makes sense.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Lady Kenshin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:59 pm

I am an artist... ^_^

But will be gong to college soon, so anyone who wants my help will need to be flexible about dates and such.

For examples of my work, I direct you to my fanart thread...

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=52979

I don't claim to be amazing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Return to New Projects and Ideas