Poster for kids with disabilities

Projects or project ideas in the works

Poster for kids with disabilities

Postby meboeck » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:45 pm

My mom runs a Sunday school program at our church for children with disabilities, and she is creating a poster for the room. She has created the attatched black and white image, but we would like the color version digitally done so it looks more professional. However, we do not have the programs or the skills for that. If someone with digital coloring skills has the time, I would love to get some help from you. If you are interested, just reply here or via PM. If I have not seen your digital artwork before, I would like a sample. I will give more details when I have someone commited. Thanks in advance! ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Esoteric » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:49 pm

If you have no other takers, I will give it a shot... what is the intended print size and method?
Esoteric

Postby meboeck » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:20 am

Esoteric wrote:If you have no other takers, I will give it a shot... what is the intended print size and method?

We just need it 8.5x11. My mom has access to a machine that can blow it up to poster size. By the way, I forgot to mention in the first post that my mom wants it to say "Jesus said, 'Let the chldren come unto me.'" at the bottom. Thank you so much for the offer. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job with it. If you have any questions about the coloring of any of the kids' medical equipment, let me know. Thanks again!

EDIT: Ack! I keep forgetting things. The kid with the helmet and leg braces is supposed to be black.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Esoteric » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:11 pm

meboeck wrote:We just need it 8.5x11. My mom has access to a machine that can blow it up to poster size. By the way, I forgot to mention in the first post that my mom wants it to say "Jesus said, 'Let the chldren come unto me.'" at the bottom. Thank you so much for the offer. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job with it. If you have any questions about the coloring of any of the kids' medical equipment, let me know. Thanks again!

EDIT: Ack! I keep forgetting things. The kid with the helmet and leg braces is supposed to be black.

Kay yeah, if you're ultimately going to increase the size, I'll bump up the resolution. Adding the caption is no prob. I'll be in touch about the colors after I've started.
Esoteric

Postby Esoteric » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:33 pm

Sorry that link didn't work... I'll put it here. *Goes off to beat up website*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby Esoteric » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:05 pm

here's to the triple post! <sorry guys, last one>

Meboeck, here is the final proof. Look it over and let me know any last changes...text, color, border, etc... If you like it as is, great, but don't use this file...it's highly compressed. The original is a whopping 17in x 24in at 150 dpi. It's much higher quality and I'll get a copy of it to you in whatever file format you prefer.
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:12 pm

I've only just come across this thread now: I think that's so cool what your Mum's doing, Meboek. ^_^ Since several people in my family have faced disabilities, it really makes me feel so great to know that there's someone out there doing things like this. ^_^ I mean, I know that there are people doing things to help people with disabilities, but it's always good to be reminded of the fact. It's encouraging. ^_^

I know it wasn't done for me, lol, so I'm not sure if I can really say thank you... but thanks for colouring it in, Eso; thanks for helping Meboek out with this. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Return to New Projects and Ideas