Artist support groups

Projects or project ideas in the works

Artist support groups

Postby Esoteric » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:09 pm

I don't know if anything like this has been suggested before, but here is the idea. I'm sure there are other people out there aspiring to complete an individual project, be it a manga, design portfolio, illustrations, etc. (I personally am trying to build a better art portfolio.) But 9 out of 10 times we fail, getting bogged down by work and daily chores, or simply lose momentum ...especially those of us without a teacher, art director or publisher breathing down our neck to finish.

I'm looking for one or maybe two other people who have this same motivational problem and an individual project they want to complete. I propose we comunicate via PMs once a week with progress updates. We can help each other set realistic goals for our projects, give each other feedback on work, encouragement, and most importantly, a little bit of friendly pestering and nudging if we start slacking off.

I don't foresee this working for a huge group, although if more than two other people are interested, they could form their own acountablilty partnerships. And these partnerships certainly aren't intended to be permanent, but for a limited time...however long a project is expected to last. So, how about it...is anyone interested?
Esoteric

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:36 pm

Project-wise, UC is really the only member who comes close to playing a role as my accountability partner since we randomly prod each other for updates and discuss projects. It helps to have an obscure thread in Lochaber's forum where we post a list of our individual projects and their respective project status.

I think I'm more organized and disciplined when it comes to manga pages (I'm pretty hopeless with artpieces as I'm not that good with coloring). But if you want someone to regularly prod you, I'll give it a try although it'll most likely come on a weekly basis.
Mave

Postby Esoteric » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:14 pm

Thanks Mave, that would awesome if you want to give it a try. :jump: Once a week is all I'm expecting, considering how busy a work week can get. I'll PM you later.
Esoteric

Return to New Projects and Ideas