idea for a manga i've conceived

Projects or project ideas in the works

idea for a manga i've conceived

Postby pillar_anime7 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:14 pm

I've come up with a manga idea a few months ago and once I get access to some manga books, I will begin work on a webmanga codenamed "6 Days". I do have a little experience drawing in the manga style but my knowledge is very limited. It's about a group of five teenage girls who form their own rock band to glorify God. The main character is a 16-year-old girl named Shannon Taylor who is the lead singer in the band. She is joined by guitar players Miyuki Kanazawa and Yuna Omura, bass player Chloe Barneman and drummer Keisha Phillips. I plan to have this manga tackle serious issues, such as persecution, teenage pregnancy, suicide, bigotry, etc. while being entertaining and light-hearted at the same time. I'll let you guys know more about it as time goes by.
pillar_anime7

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:23 pm

Sounds good but on the surface it sound's just like some of Mave's webmanga.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:49 pm

You may not be familiar with the referenced manga. It is a work put together by one CAA member Mave that can be found at http://www.kcome.net. If you do intend to pursue your idea, you'll definitely want to keep hers in mind to avoid duplication.

Of course, you've given us only the vaguest of project outlines, so we could be significantly misreading you.
uc pseudonym

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:37 am

I forgot to mention that these girls will be saving the world from evil, somewhat of a Christian version of Sailor Moon but with attire that's not as revealing, no cheesy catchphrases, no maid outfits *coughTokyoMewMewcough*, and plenty of Truth, but nothing is set in stone yet, except for a few character designs of the five protagonists, but I will keep the mentioned manga in mind when coming up with stories and stuff and I have read it and I think it's pretty good. I'll let everybody know more details as soon as I come up with them.
pillar_anime7

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:19 pm

Thank you for that. Yes, having the magical girl aspect will make it significantly different. It sounds as though you are aware of the numerous pitfalls of that genre, so I will not belabor them here.
uc pseudonym

Return to New Projects and Ideas