HwaRang's Manga Project

Projects or project ideas in the works

HwaRang's Manga Project

Postby HwaRang777 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:56 pm

Hey guys,

I have a really cool story, but as I have unfortunately realized, I suck at drawing manga

I am looking for someone that either has experience or is talented in this field

You can either PM me your work or put them in here, and if you would like I will explain the story in either PM or on a post
Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!
Dire deeds awake, dark is it eastward.
Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded
forth Eorlingas!
-from LotR

KIMCHI POWERS UNITE!
HwaRang777

Postby HwaRang777 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:23 pm

okay, maybe I was a bit too vague.... Let me restart what I'm trying to say.

I am writing a story that I think would be incredible if it was a manga. I actually plan on getting it published. However, even though I am above average in artistic skill, I can't draw manga. I just can't and that's why I was wondering if anyone here in the Christian Anime Alliance, would help me.

I'm also guessing that because I didn't put the synopsis here, no one replied.

The story starts out as this girl turns 16. Normal girl manga, yada yada, but then she feels awkward. As if she was being stalked. Later on she finds out that the "stalker" was her "brother". From him, finds out that she, along with six other people, were used as military experiments. the only reason why they are "siblings" is because the egg cells used for the experiment was from one "donor". What the experiment did was alter the cells DNA to make perfect soliders. Each one of them has special and unique powers. However, six have ran away. One still remains at the research lab. Anyway, it boils down to girl finds about true self, finds other siblings, uses powers along the way, yada yada.

If you didn't read the last paragraph, the story is essentially like: Project ARMS + -(NGE or Rahxephon theology) + (FMA's Comic Relief/Serious Plot)^2 - any hentai-ness if any in any of the series + social issues + issues about life (e.g. cloning, abortion, etc.)

Okay, now that the story is out of the way, I am looking for a manga artist willing to participate with me on this project. As the artist, you essentially draw what I write. However, since I want this to be an equal business/artistic relationship, we can always discuss possible story endings, plot twists, etc. and whatever else you think is best for the manga.

If you live outside of driving distance. The method of communication will be the combination of IMing, phone, and email.

If you have any questions, please post here or pm me. Thanx

(P.S. Sorry about being so serious, it's just that I really do want to get this published)
forth Eorlingas!
-from LotR

KIMCHI POWERS UNITE!
HwaRang777

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:39 pm

that sounds reallly cool!

i dunno, ill hafta think about it. i have so many commissions and stuff, but yeah, ill see what happens.

if you want, you can check out my deviant art, which is in my siggy.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:41 pm

That sounds great. Although a lot like the tv series Dark Angel.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby HwaRang777 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:52 am

Hmm.... I think your talking about the anime, not the TV show.... Well, I only have read a little bit, but I assure you I'm trying to not make it like that
forth Eorlingas!
-from LotR

KIMCHI POWERS UNITE!
HwaRang777

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:07 am

No, the tv show Dark Angel by James Cameron. With Jessica Alba. I've heard of the anime though its the tv series I'm talking about. You're idea is very similar but it would make a great manga I think.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby HwaRang777 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:19 am

Oh, well then, No. I can guarantee you it won't have that same kind of dark feeling. Let me tell you some of the powers for each sibling:

main character is a shapeshifter

the brother can alternate himself at a molecular level, therefore, making him able to go into a liquid, solid, or gas state.

one other sibling has the ability to change the speed of molecules, therefore, she can make things hotter or colder

another one becomes more stronger after being hit. Unless someone shoots him in the heart or head, he is unstoppable.

another sibling has the ability to change light projection and movement, abling her to become invisible and other things similar to that

and that's all i can come up with. If you want to give me some cool and unusual powers please post
forth Eorlingas!
-from LotR

KIMCHI POWERS UNITE!
HwaRang777

Return to New Projects and Ideas