Episode 6: I gave this one on Easter Sunday! Not everyone was there, but it's Easter...and it's EP 6...AND is was raining outside! Just too good an opportunity to pass up.
I used one of the themes from this episode (the part where Kuu talks about filling her cup) at a Men's group devotional last week. It went really well, although one of the guys in the group is also in the class, so he was, like, "hey, that's where that came from!" Not above plagarizing my own material...
For those interested, in addition to reading various scriptures about filling our spiritual cups, I did an experiment:
1. Get a deep pan (to catch water spills), 2 clear, 6-8 oz glasses (the narrower the bottom the better), a pitcher of water and a towel.
2. Fill up one glass all the way.
3. Hold the empty one up, stating "Here we have a Christian praying: Lord, fill me up with your spirit competely! (think Peter, here)".
4. Announce, "The Lord, hearing this request, responds." Now, quickly pour all of the water from the full glass into the empty one. Do it all at once. If you practice this, only about half the water will stay in the glass, the rest splashes out!
5. Hmm, note that it seems that this Christian was perhaps not ready for all this at once.
6. Get yourself set with a full and empty glass again.
7. Announce, "Now, let us see how the Spirit works when it is added a bit at a time." Pour the contents slowly.
8. This time the glass is basically full.
You can use this demo to discuss Christians that frequently seek "highs" at revivals, etc., but are really depressed (feel distant from God) in between. Also, you can discuss how the cup keeps full (you'll need the pitcher for this) even as the contents of the cup is used (that is, we drink from the cup to restore us in our works, troubles in our lives, etc), since the Spirit does not stop pouring into us. Good questions are "How do we get our cups filled? What might happen that empties or removes water from the cup? What kinds of things fill the cup (too) fast...slowly and steadily?" etc.