Anyone want to collaborate on a mecha-webmanga?

Projects or project ideas in the works

Erm...

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:46 am

*Groans*

:bang:

*Grumbles*

It took me quite some time to scrape the courage to type this, but for the last few months I've been toying with the idea of writing a webmanga (I can do low-level HTML and I'm skilled in Photoshop) of the mecha-variety. Now that I have some time I will be able to do it.

Point of fact the only mecha-anime I've seen is the three Robotech series'. I've never seen Gundam or any of the others. I've seen some of Evangelion...okay, two episodes but I don't want to make a "super-robot" manga but more along the lines of the smaller kind.

As I've said I've already concocted a story-idea and I've actually written part of the "first chapter". I've created also a short history for each character (seven main ones although that number is debatable) as well as a list of their good attributes and bad attributes.

I'm still considering wether or not this should be explicitly Christian or just Christian themed. That is also up for discussion.

Only thing is I can't draw in the style neccesary for this kind of story. So I'm hoping bluntly for someone who might just be crazy enough to attempt this with me. I should warn you my stories tend to go dark and this one will be no exception, although I'm not talking dark as in "X/1999" dark in a supernatural way.

If you're up for it you can either PM me or post in this thread. There's not a lot of people here who like to draw manga so I'm not too positive about anyone replying but I decided to give it a try. :grin:

Thank you for reading through all this. :grin:
-Johnnie
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby emersongreen » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:06 am

i don't have time to do a whole comic book for ANYONE unless they are going to pay me....or i like the idea..........

here is a sample of my work
http://www.christiananime.com/showthread.php?t=18873

but i might be able to do 1-2 stills for your story....

who will be willing to do the rest of the web-manga?
:poke: :bang:
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
emersongreen

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:56 am

emersongreen wrote:but i might be able to do 1-2 stills for your story....

Thank you for replying, but Cap'n Crack replied also and we began exchanging ideas and comments very suddenly (this was also the time most of the CAA's went funny in the head and became border-line inaccessible). I have no idea when we're going to exhibit some of the fruits of our labour but we hope it would be soon. (although a fully-illustrated manga is still months away probably)

But thank you very much for showing interest.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Return to New Projects and Ideas