The Traveller's Guide: demo ready!

Projects or project ideas in the works

Wip 3.2.4

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:52 pm

Again, quoted from my e-mail to the GHT members... ^_^

The Melody Maker wrote:It took a little while to decide whether to do this, but I've just put out WIP 3.2.4 today. There is still no new game content, no -immediately- noticeable bug fixes and not much speed gain over WIP 3.2.3 which I released near the beginning of the month.

But I did add in an option in the configuration utility to override the selected refresh rate in the Screen Mode drop down list, and improved a bit on the way that joystick devices are detected -- meaning a somewhat smaller installer download size and therefore a bit less disk space required by system files (647 KB less, to be exact).

If you have WIP 3.2.3 and it's working fine for you, then you don't need this update. But it's always my duty and pleasure to let you all know of any updates I make anyway. :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Wip 3.3

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:17 am

I'm just giving this thread a bump to say that I've got WIP 3.3 out and ready for download. Quoting from my Guiding Her Travels newsletter...

The Melody Maker (GHT newsletter) wrote:Greetings in His name, my beloved Guiding Her Travels members and fans of The Traveller's Guide. I am very pleased to announce that I've finished and released WIP 3.3, which includes more story, numerous bug fixes and a couple of new facelift-related engine features -- namely, 3-D audio positioning and gamma ramp (color fading) support. As always, you can grab it from the download page of the site any time.

I'd also like to announce that I'm going to be putting construction of The Traveller's Guide on hold for a while -- but only temporarily. I will eventually get back to it, and that's a promise.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:20 pm

*sigh* Quoting from my GHT newsletter today about WIP 3.3.1... XD;

The Melody Maker (GHT newsletter) wrote:It's only been about a week and a half since my last newsletter, and I know that I said I wouldn't be working on it any more until Inkhana and I get this new project of ours off the ground -- but yesterday I discovered a bug in the game that I had to fix.

To make a long explanation short: If near the end of the game as it currently is you have Melody accidentally (and fatally) land on a thorny hedge and then get hit from behind by a giant boulder which takes HP off of her next chance, then you really need this update. :lol:

I will correct myself from the last newsletter and say that although I won't be adding any new content to the game for a while, I will still release new minor updates if I find and fix any bugs I come across.
TheMelodyMaker

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:16 pm

Quoting from my GHT newsletter from today about WIP 3.3.2... ^_^

[quote="The Melody Maker"]Since version 3.3.0 was put out, there's been an option in the configuration utility to allow 3D sound positioning for certain sound effects. Just recently, I was blessed with an actual working set of surround sound speakers so I could listen to my own programming in action. That's when I discovered the bug. XD]
TheMelodyMaker

Previous

Return to New Projects and Ideas