Christian Manga company

Projects or project ideas in the works

Christian Manga company

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:14 pm

Hi, Im new here, I would like to say if anyone of you out there would like to start a Christian manga company, I got a particular Endtimes manga in mind that I am in the process of making ideas of. it would be cool if we can start this in like the future, maybe in a few years well who knows. it would be a cool idea, I just giving the idea becuase so far, I have no resources for that type of stuff. :thumb:
Rzerox21xx

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:30 pm

You could always trying sending the ideas over to the guys at Riot Gear (http://www.riotgearcomics.com) and check out the Employment link.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby H2flow » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:38 am

Endtimes manga, that would be dope! I like the idea man. I don't know about starting a company but a end times manga seems like a good idea.
You got my creative juices flowing with that one.
H2flow

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:20 am

yeah, a manga company would take money, resources and a bunch of people, it would be cool if it was like dreamwave and stuff. My idea is having a shounen fighting manga on the end times. the problem is that I need years of drawing experience to make one, I figure it would be cool to get a staff but again that requires money......... oh man, I wish I can draw like various manga-ka or even american artists. I have some really good ideas that I need to write down but for some reason I never do, for some reason I get the feeling, its better if it come straight out of my head hahhahahaha.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:15 am

Wow, I actually got a reply from the email I sended to Razoredge, its great, so far I been ask to send in something short that I have written, well I havent written anything so far, my ideas are in my head thouhg I find it kinda hard to put them in writing, it would be cool thouhg, so I need to see if I can do this. hahahahhaha, I feel like its a calling because I dont think it ever been done before, a endtimes manga, it would be cool that I can get a expert on biblical prophecy to be involved in this, anyone interested in this. it be cool if I get some people to help me out like what to put and not, creative criticism, and such. I just think it would be cool to get a team on this but I can do it alone if I have to, its just a idea.
Rzerox21xx

Postby The Doctor » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:52 pm

Hmm...well, if you can't draw, you can always just write the story and have someone else do the drawing. That DOES happen in manga. It's rare, but it does occur.
The Doctor

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:19 pm

One thing to consider with doing one about the end times (I'm presuming you mean Revelations) is that people have different ideas and interpretations of what it all means. Be prepared for hate mail from people who disagree with you (not from here, mind you...)
Arnobius

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:04 pm

It is very true that there are many views on the end times. I for example, hold to "postmillenialism" and "orthodox/partial preterism", the basics of which I outlined in this since locked thread ( http://www.christiananime.com/showthread.php?t=13856 , and as a result, I request that anyone with any comments of any kind relevant to these two views take it to P.M.s). If you're serious about your idea, I recommend you read the relevant literature; a good start would be to read Revelation: Four Views: A Parallel Commentary by Steven Gregg and Revelation: The New Cambridge Commentary by Ben Witherington (purchase off of Amazon.com if you have to). One other suggestion; if you want to understand Revelation to the point of writing books, you absolutely need to know all of the other prophets, for the Book is quite filled with allusions to them and their concepts, indeed, as David Chilton put it, it is "the most Biblical book of the Bible". And one other question is, although I don't know what happened with it, wasn't there already a Left Behind comic book a bit ago? One final thing that I should mention, is that even Tyndale, the publisher of the Left Behind series has published the first of Hank Hanegraaff's orthodox preterist book series, The Last Disciple, which is about as far from Lahaye's view as one can get (and indeed he's none too happy about that), because they wished to allow readers access to all orthodox viewpoints on the subject.
GhostontheNet

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:34 pm

And I, on the other hand don't hold to those interpretations. So, Ghost's views and mine should be a good example that Christians can hold vastly different views on the topic of what Revelations means.

[I'm not going to put my views down, because I want to keep this from becoming a theological debate or an argument of denominations. Let's just use this as an example of the pitfalls of religious writing]
Arnobius

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:37 am

Theology aside, this thread is six months old, created by a member who has not logged on for four months. It would probably be for the best if it was left alone.
uc pseudonym

Postby Arnobius » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:07 pm

No problem for me, though I find these in the first place because they show up in the "Get New" search. Maybe if there was some sort of note like ANN has when someone digs up an old thread asking if the person *really* wants to post so late after the fact it might be easier to notice dead threads.
Arnobius

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:10 pm

My apologies also.
GhostontheNet

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:32 am

Thank you for being so polite about it. Actually, the thread was bumped by The Doctor (I am not placing blame, merely stating the fact), which is why it appeared in the Get New search. We have considered such a notification, but it seems it would be a tricky bit of code.
uc pseudonym

Postby Arnobius » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:02 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Thank you for being so polite about it. Actually, the thread was bumped by The Doctor (I am not placing blame, merely stating the fact), which is why it appeared in the Get New search. We have considered such a notification, but it seems it would be a tricky bit of code.

Well, I'm no computer genius, so I have no idea what's difficult and what's not. Only other thing I can think of is to center the message date above the post instead of being over the avatar. I seldom look to my left, but if it was staring me in the face, I might be less dense about such things.
Arnobius

Return to New Projects and Ideas