Looking for New Beneath the Tangles Staff

Projects or project ideas in the works

Looking for New Beneath the Tangles Staff

Postby TWWK » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi, everyone!

As a head start for a posting on my blog tomorrow, I want to let y'all know about a call for new staff I'm putting out. For those unaware, I administer a blog, beneaththetangles.com, (for which a number of CAA members past and present write for) that discusses anime through a Christian lens and, more importantly, Christianity by using anime as a starting point. We're looking for the following positions (copied and pasted from the posting):

Social Media Coordinator: This individual will run day-to-day operations of our social media outlets, particularly our Twitter and Facebook accounts. He or she will have a wide latitude to develop these accounts and will work with TWWK to use funds for account advertising. Applicants should have experience leading or co-leading successful Twitter and FB accounts. Applicants must submit a cover letter outlining his/her interest in the position, experience (including links to social media accounts), and statement of faith.

Web Administrator: In the coming months, Beneath the Tangles plans a site redesign. This individual will redevelop the site as it moves to wordpress.org. He or she will work closely with TWWK in creating a strong functional design for the site, and after the move, will continue upkeep and updates to the site. The applicant will have extensive experience in web or blog design, be comfortable doing coding and other tasks associated with web design, and may have experience with wordpress.org. Applicants must submit a cover letter outlining his/her interest in the position, experience (including links to work), and statement of faith.

Illustrator: The illustrator will develop banners and other original artwork for use with the site. The illustrator is expected to develop a banner for the site move (discussed above) and occasional new banners periodically; icons and other less intensive art for the site; and 2-3 fanart sketches per month. Applicants must be excellent artists with extensive experience creating artwork in anime/manga style. Applicants must submit a cover letter outlining his/her interest in the position and statement of faith, as well as links to a portfolio, deviantArt account, or other illustration site.

We're seeking individuals who are obviously very talented, and whose faith and commitment matches our own. These are intended to be long-term volunteer positions with our site, and we would rather leave these positions open permanently than add staff without a commitment to the site or to our faith. Still, we hope to add some wonderful individuals to our team! Please send all submission addressed "Beneath the Tangles Application" to me (beneath.the.tangles@gmail.com) to begin conversation about possibly joining our team.

Thanks for considering!
TWWK

Re: Looking for New Beneath the Tangles Staff

Postby TWWK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Hey guys! It's been a long time since I've been in here, but I thought I'd drop in to post some ministry opportunities I'm excited about! For those unaware, I'm the director of Beneath the Tangles, a website that bridges the gap between faith and otaku by discussing big the big questions of life as we examine anime. We also have a number of social media sites where we do the nitty gritty of developing relationships—we have about 60,000 followers through these platforms and are growing rapidly.

We want to continue developing quality content and also want to do the best job we can in reaching out to our followers as we demonstrate the love of Christ. To do so, we're looking to fill several new volunteer positions:

Director of Development
Social Media Director
Vlogger
Podcaster
Resident Artist
Resident Cosplayer

Please visit our post for full details and for the application form. Also feel free to ask me any questions here!
TWWK

Return to New Projects and Ideas