Recent Naruto Manga (Chapters 400+)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:45 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1331290) wrote:I think the samurai guys look like Darth Vader.

I'm hoping this is the final battle for real this time. I mean, all the characters are meeting up in one place, so yeah.

Lol, they kinda do! As for the final battle, I think it could be the final Sasuke battle, but not the last. I think the series will still go to 500 chapters with some big battles (like a Konoha vs Akatsuki) then end fairly happily or dramaticaly.
wildpurplechild

Postby pikmintaro » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:18 pm

I have mixed feelings about how Kishimoto ended the Pein/Nagato invasion arc a lot of people are mad that Kishimoto made it look like a lot of characters were killed but then brought them all back to life. I don't really mind though and although in One Piece that has happened over and over and over making it seem like characters die but then suddenly are shown to be alive later but everyone still loves it (And so far I don't think there is even one character who has actually "Died" except for minor ones) and Naruto has had several characters killed off so far so it doesn't really bother me. I also like how deep it went with Pein/Nagato's speeches and Naruto talking to him but I just wish Kishimoto would have let him live a little longer to develop him a bit more but it's ok how it ended imo.

And as for Danzou for quite awhile I thought he would turn out to be Madara but the way Kishimoto revealed his sharingan makes me wonder although I am sure he is involved with him somehow (I am thinking that Mifune guy might be Madara now or something).

But so far I have loved every chapter and episode of Naruto it's what really got me into anime and I have loved all the Akatsuki characters.
But I really want Kishimoto to show what happened to Konan! she is one of my favorite characters and I was scared Kishimoto was going to have Tobi kill her off or something although I doubt she has completed her role in the story. Notice how even though she has already had a battle awhile back her part in the 3rd Databook is just a big "?" so I think she still has something left to show.
And Kishimoto could make the story go on for however long he likes I will watch it till the end and still love it.
pikmintaro

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:59 pm

pikmintaro (post: 1335634) wrote:
But so far I have loved every chapter and episode of Naruto it's what really got me into anime and I have loved all the Akatsuki characters.
But I really want Kishimoto to show what happened to Konan! she is one of my favorite characters and I was scared Kishimoto was going to have Tobi kill her off or something although I doubt she has completed her role in the story. Notice how even though she has already had a battle awhile back her part in the 3rd Databook is just a big "?" so I think she still has something left to show.
And Kishimoto could make the story go on for however long he likes I will watch it till the end and still love it.

I really hope Kishimoto makes an OVA or writes more about the pasts of Akatsuki members and tells us what Konan's life is like now.
wildpurplechild

Postby airichan623 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 pm

(about the manga) i'm get really depressed in relation to how Sasuke's been acting. Don't get me wrong, but now he looks even more emo than before because as when gets all dark and scary (as Karin describes it-"his chakra now is even scarier than it was in the second state of the curse mark") while fighting the Raikage, it looks like he's wearing eyeliner!!!! o_o
and i really feel bad for sakura... now her master's unconcious, the man she loves is gone, and her friend loves her.

o, and stupid Kishimoto-sensei forgot to tell us what Naruto's reaction to Hinata's confession was.

ps. Disney bought the rights to Naruto Shippuden, and will show it on Disney XD in October!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:02 am

Sasuke vs Mizukage fight should be pretty good. Perhaps we'll see some more of Chojuro too, he kawaii!
wildpurplechild

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:15 pm

I've actually found the most recent fight to be somewhat fun. After so much one on one, it's nice to see a large scale melee, with even some interesting techniques thrown into the mix. We'll just have to hope that Naruto stays away.

Doubleshadow wrote:Interesting contrast. I wonder if this has anything to do with our genders? We'll have to see, though since the manga-ka is male, having him use my design would be rather forward thinking on his part.

The reason I didn't respond to this for two months was that I was hoping we would get another example of the running joke. While I had my reading of them, two instances isn't much of a trend.

The end of this chapter will have to do. While gender is not irrelevant to this question, I suspect it has more to do with how little I expect from this series. Given the way she's talking to Sasuke here, any kind of depth would really surprise me. A pleasant surprise, but I suspect a highly unlikely one.

Though on the bright side, the other Kage to fight recently got a solid battle treatment, so we can hope she gets the same.
uc pseudonym

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:19 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1347570) wrote:I've actually found the most recent fight to be somewhat fun. After so much one on one, it's nice to see a large scale melee, with even some interesting techniques thrown into the mix. We'll just have to hope that Naruto stays away.
Yeah, I gotta say, that fight was pretty great. Putting Gaara in it, that was awesome. Come on Sasuke, don't be evil any longer!
wildpurplechild

Postby airichan623 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:22 pm

wildpurplechild (post: 1347571) wrote: Come on Sasuke, don't be evil any longer!

i agree! oh sasuke-kun u can b emo, but pleaz don't be evil! if your evil. yhrn you'll die! and then i will cry!

airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm

omg omg omg omg! just read the new chapter! sasuke-kun dont b dead sasuke-kun! poor karin... sniff

airichan623

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:02 pm

airichan623 (post: 1349093) wrote:omg omg omg omg! just read the new chapter! sasuke-kun dont b dead sasuke-kun! poor karin... sniff

Do you really think he's dead after the build up to him and naruto duking it out at the end?

This is Kishimoto, no Kojima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:57 pm

That was handled better than I thought it would be.

On the other hand, Sasuke can't catch a break; used and abused from day one by effectively anybody who cared to try and still can't win.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:00 am

Wow this was a reveiling chapter. We now know Madara's plan, and find that, combined, the beasts form one huge, dangerous, chakra mass!
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:47 am

And Madara can suck things into his face, giving a whole new meaning to the term "face-eating."
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby blkmage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:06 am

AHAHAHA THE MOON

oh wow are you serious
blkmage

Postby Arya Raiin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1349838) wrote:I think the samurai guys look like Darth Vader.

I'm hoping this is the final battle for real this time. I mean, all the characters are meeting up in one place, so yeah.

And Madara can suck things into his face, giving a whole new meaning to the term "face-eating."

Heh! Someone for once agrees with me! *points at all of her friends.*

O_O... you've got a point there.

(OH MY GOSH! My hundredth post!!! YYYYAAAYYY!)
Arya Raiin

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Hmm.. Kisame and Killer Bee show up finaly. SAMEHADA IS HUNGRY!!
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Garjzla » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Naruto is picking up again, it was in a slump for a few chapters but now it is getting excited even though the evil plot is pretty lame..
God+Anime+Internet+Forums=1337
"MOES: Where everybody knows your sig (because it's a reasonable size)."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:06 am

Now that Kisame is back in the spotlight, I wonder if the three swordsmen we now of will face off?
Also what is the big animal with Killer Bee? I think it might be a tanuki, which would be cool.
wildpurplechild

Postby airichan623 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:11 am

kyaa! sakura's confession was so sad! I PRACTICALLY DIED WHEN I SAW HER BIG CONFESSION!!!!! AHHH! but naruto throws it kindly back in her face.

poor sakura.... her last love ran off to the emo farm and now wants to kill everybody and now she doesn't know what to do. *sniff* oh the drama! *weep*

airichan623

Postby Okami94 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 am

Yup, looks like sakura has finally snapped. But the main thing is look at Kisame's sword!! This battle is going to be epic!
John 16:33 <-- favorite verse!
Yeah,....I'm an anime freak.....:P
Okami94

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Okami94 (post: 1354511) wrote:Yup, looks like sakura has finally snapped. But the main thing is look at Kisame's sword!! This battle is going to be epic!
I agree about Samehada! As for Sakura, I'm glad it wasn't for real, and Naruto knew she was lying. Maybe there's still a chance for NaruHina...
And finaly, Ponta the giant raccoon is awesome!
wildpurplechild

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:53 pm

Part of me has lost all respect for Sakura.

The other part is hoping that she's going to have a bit of an arc centered around her doing something important again.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby AJV » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:13 am

Whoa. Sakura was lying? I didn't catch that, though I wondered why Naruto wasn't jumping up and down with joy. I guess he say through her before I did. 0_0
Doesn't look like he's gonna stop trying to get Sasuke back.
Waiting for the big battle between those two.

Maybe now Naruto and Hinata can get together.
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:52 am

LadyRushia (post: 1354642) wrote:Part of me has lost all respect for Sakura.

The other part is hoping that she's going to have a bit of an arc centered around her doing something important again.
I kind of doubt this, sense the series is only suppose to go to 500 chapters, and Naruto hasn't had a huge fight with Sasuke yet, and there still is the seven swordsmen fight (Suigetsu trying to get all of the swords).
wildpurplechild

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:12 am

I thought the 500 chapter thing was just a rumor/guess.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am

The web was rather useless, and I can't find any quotes, just people saying that it had been confirmed. I could be wrong, but I think he may have said it to SJ or in one of the Naruto art books.
wildpurplechild

Postby mastersquirrel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 am

LadyRushia (post: 1349838) wrote:And Madara can suck things into his face, giving a whole new meaning to the term "face-eating."

Speaking of this new-found ability, why didn't he just use that to phase through the gate where Naruto was, suck him up, and then take him away? I honestly hope someone can explain this.

wildpurplechild wrote:As for Sakura, I'm glad it wasn't for real, and Naruto knew she was lying.

The fact that Naruto has become mature and intelligent enough to notice that she was lying about this made me a very happy reader. I love seeing him take things so seriously as of late. Though I must also note that Rock Lee's expression when Sakura confessed made me laugh.
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby airichan623 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:00 pm

GO SAKURA-CHAN!!! After Naruto threw her fake confession back in her face, (yay Naruhina & Sasusaku) she goes off to find Sasuke herself! Yay! Perhaps she'll do what she should have done the first time she left instead of threatening to scream (i mean, seriously? a powerful sasuke going to fear a scream enough to stay?!? real smart sakura) and fight him. However, the part of me that likes drama thinks that it will end like the early naruto sasuke fight on the roof of the hospital should have gone- sakura dies (as I weep loudly) stopping them from killing each other and in one fell swoop, reforming sasuke! (wow its morbid i know)

airichan623

Postby wildpurplechild » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Kisame in the new chapter!! :wow!:
[SPOILER] He has now become even creepier! A shark-web-footed-sort-of-human creature that can't be defeated easily. However knowing Kishimoto, he probably will.[/SPOILER]
wildpurplechild

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:40 am

Allow me to say, in all seriousness:

[spoiler] If the next chapter has a slug fest between the blue shark man and a sentient sword that looks like a beanbag chair covered in shag carpet, I am going to pee my pants with laughter. [/spoiler]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews