Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Postby Gleph » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:41 am

This is probably the closest to Christian type Manga i've seen at the moment. Though there's some big differences. I'm really enjoying it at the moment... only read a few volumes, but it looks OK. It's already begun to tackle a few issues, and the characters seem pretty well developed so far. I look forward to reading more of it...

God Bless ^_^
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:31 am

This is numero uno on Ash's "to buy/borrow" list. I've been researching it for a few years...and so far, it looks pretty good. However, I am a bit leery...whenever anime involves Christianity, it can get dangerous fast. What I've learned so far is that Jeanne seals away demons that are possesing people through their artwork. Considering the disciples were able to cast out demons, I don't think it's too much of a stretch, but we'll see, mm? And where are you reading the manga? I've been itching for it for years now.
Ashley

Postby Spiritsword » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:20 am

Yeah, I'd like to know where to find it too! From what Ashley's told me and the KKJ websites I've sampled, it definitely looks like it's worth checking out. The artwork looks really great too.

But I agree, anime/manga with Christian themes should be approached with caution by most people (unless you're like me, who sees it all as harmless fantasy) because Christian themes can be misrepresented. I think those series that subtly misrepresent Christianity are actually worse than blatant non-Christian anime/manga. At least the blatant stuff's clear-cut, and won't confuse inexperienced Christians with muddy waters and distorted Christian themes. But KKJ may be OK--I'll just have to try it and see. What are the "differences" between KKJ and Christian manga you refer to, Gleph?
Spiritsword

Postby Gleph » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:15 pm

I have it on my streamload account if anyone wants to get it... Though streamload seems to be down for the moment.

For one, God has limited power. Satan seems to be able to get more powerful than God.

Also, it belives in reincarnation...

I only take it as a grain of salt though. It's a nice read for the relationships and interesting storyline :)

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews