Fruits Basket manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:06 am

Akito is... *tries to keep mouth shut* umm, he's not an animal... but he's still... umm.. *puts hands on mouth and run away* You're going to wait a long time for that to come out though!
RoyalWing

Postby Ducky » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:20 pm

oooooh! Tell me tell me tell me!!!!! I do not care about spoilers... use spoiler tags or pm me or something...what's akito?
Ducky

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:38 pm

*Gags Ducky and throws her in the closet* I'm sorry my dear, but that's what you get for trying to pry spoiler out of other members. ;).

But, seriously, let's keep this thread spoiler-free. I will be seriously put out if I find something out before I read it.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:39 pm

I sent you private message. ^-^
RoyalWing

Postby Ducky » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:29 pm

Thanks for the pm RoyalWing :), sorry for freaking out Mangafanatic I didn't mean to get anything ruined for you .... I just love spoilers...
Ducky

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:21 pm

No problem. I've just gone to extreme measures to find anything out that I don't read. I want to be surprised.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Little T-chan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:52 pm

I read them!!
[SIZE="6"][color="Pink"]♥ [font="Impact"]t-chan[/font]![/color][/SIZE]

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="Pink"]Everyday, it's You i live for!
Everyday, i'll follow after You!
Everyday, i'll walk with You, my Lord![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Little T-chan

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:29 pm

So, waitaminnit. Is volume 4 out, and *does* it explain Akito's curse?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:35 am

If you'll refer to my siggy-- Volume four isn't officially released until the 10th of August, but alot of book stores get it on the shelf several weeks early. Atleast, I know some of mine do.

Mangafanatic

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:18 pm

Okay-- so I'm double posting. Beat me if you must. ;)

But I had to ask-- has anyone read the 4th volume for Furuba? I DID!! AND-- AHHH!!!

I think I'll just start a seperate conversation thread so I won't spoiler anyone's day.

Mangafanatic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:20 pm

:O I NEED TO GO TO THE COMIC STORE NOOOWWW.

I bet they already have vol. 4 :D they always get it a little early...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:27 pm

Run, Hikari. I really want someone to discuss it with. So-- um, I'll wait. *lays down in the floor and falls asleep.*

Mangafanatic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:42 pm

*rolls around* I need money. .-.

maybe I'll be able to get it next week.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:26 pm

Well, I know what I'll be looking for tomorrow. ^^
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Ducky » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:23 pm

They have it? I should check my bookstore ... and then when they don't have it make the dude I know there get it...
Ducky

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:44 pm

I heard from my contact at Suncoast that her contact at Waldenbooks contacted her with the information that the 4th Furuba is at Waldenbooks, and they got it yesterday. I also heard from her that it was she who took the last Wolfwood chibi keychain. Grrrrrrr.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:15 pm

OH. . . I smell retribution.

Mangafanatic

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:33 am

I'm reading the Furuba series ^^ I really like it. The thing I like that most about it is that you can learn a lot from Tohru and her reactions on how to be a better person, but the thing that counteracts it is Kyo's bad mouth (I wish he wouldn't cuss so much). I should go check for volume 4.......:)
" 'Tis strange-but true; for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction." ~Lord Byron

"When you see a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Raskle » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:59 pm

ahhhhhh!!!!! thanks to Ducky and Lynx and little Jon-kun, I got reading furuba the day after this past birthday... B. Dalton won't get #4 until 1/2 way through August. our dear friend there must get it for us. The artwork is veddy enjoyable and there's a real storyline. yay! The flashbacks to when the characters were kids frustrates me a little because I know they won't be explained until several installments later. :( I'm beginning to like the characters of Shigure and Hatori more as they develop. ...I thought Ducky was supposed to be locked in a closet for begging spoilers!?
"...don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal."
-Zaphod

"As I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:..."
-They Might Be Giants

"Who are yoouu?? What did you do with Uncle Sliiim?!"
-"Home on the Range"
Raskle

Postby Ducky » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:35 pm

I escaped the closet since the spoilers were pm'd to me... very good spoilers they were too! Yeah I asked Ken and he said not until august 28th... I might have to get it online before that... amazon must have it... hehehe calling my brother little jon-kun is fun!
Ducky

Postby Kisa » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:09 am

*stares jealously at manga*
I want it tooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
*runs off to find my very own copy of vol 4 to glomp and read to death*
^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:49 pm

I wish you would-- nobody is really wanting to disect it with me.

Mangafanatic

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:19 pm

I have to determine if I want to buy it first ;) (but thanks for the PM).

shooraijin

Postby Icarus » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:48 pm

As no one else has posted it, allow me to paraphrase Dom (of Megatokyo)'s friend:
[spoiler]
FB is like DBZ, only instead of high powered villains, they battle angst.

I'd pay good money to read a decent FB DBZ crossover fanfic.[/spoiler]
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:06 am

Allow me to quote myself:
me wrote:No, it's not.

Angst is when teenagers over-dramatize the very day strains of existance and make them perfectly earth stopping. The characters in Fruits Basket may often display irritation (They don't really even do it often), but when they do there's just cause. Furthermore, the story really centers around Tohru who is always thinking outside herself rather than on herself. That is the epitome of anti-angst.

Mangafanatic

Postby Icarus » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:00 pm

OK. It's just I find the idea hilarious. OH! I got volume four a few days ago.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Kisa » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:57 pm

O_O
*looks up at comparison of DBZ and FB and faints*
*now back awake*
WHAT?! No no no no no, they arents alike and FB is not all agnsty! Arrg, o well. . . Its only the best manga around, sweet deep, and almost real life like story (minus the animals part).
^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby thalia » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:57 pm

MUST...GET...FOURTH...VOLUME..

I am SO going to the mall tomorrow (or today, whatever...hehe...) and checking at Waldenbooks, they tend to get most manga on time, NOT like stinky Books A Million and Barnes & Noble which don't even have the 6th volume of Hot Gimmick, though it was supposed to come out on August 4th!!! Anywho, I HOPE that Waldenbooks has it, or I'm going to cry and beg...MUST...READ...FRUITS...BASKET...
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow

Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but with a whimper.

-from T. S. Eliot's "The Hollow Men"
thalia

Postby Corkyspaniel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 am

I can't wait for volume 17!!
:dance:
Corkyspaniel

Postby Sheenar » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:08 pm

My friend Autumn has all 17 FB manga. I have currently read through volume 1. I really want to keep going, but unfortunately will have to wait until after finals/papers...
So far, it's REALLY good...and hilarious! Especially Shigure...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews