Questions about berserk

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Questions about berserk

Postby Vagabond1972 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:30 am

Wanted to read this (or watch the 1998 adaptation for that matter) but mostly hesitated seeing that there are some villains referred to as "demons" by a lot of people. What confuses me is that they are called "apostles". So is there any actual connection to demonic things?
Vagabond1972

Re: Questions about berserk

Postby shooraijin » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:20 pm

Without spoiling too much of it, the term Apostle is probably used ironically. They attain the title by sacrificing their loved ones. There are other concerns about content that make either the manga or anime difficult to recommend.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Vagabond1972 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:39 pm

shooraijin wrote:Without spoiling too much of it, the term Apostle is probably used ironically. They attain the title by sacrificing their loved ones. There are other concerns about content that make either the manga or anime difficult to recommend.

Hi Shooraijin. Thank you for your thought out reply. Would you mind elaborating? I believe Berserk is rather heavy in violence and sexual themes which while I don't prefer, I'm less sensitive than demonic themes. I also don't mind spoilers much.
Vagabond1972

Postby shooraijin » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:27 pm

Well, it's kind of all of the above, actually. Sorry for the delay in approving your post - for some reason it wasn't coming up in my mod panel.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews