Help finding a manga.

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Help finding a manga.

Postby Watermaster2 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 am

Does anyone know where I can read online the manga: Minami no Jewel (Jewel of the South Sea)? I've looked everywhere and no such luck.

Thanks for the help!
Watermaster2

Postby Watermaster2 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 am

Whoops! I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to post in the anime section. Can this please be moved to Manga Mania? ^^;
Watermaster2

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 am

I found it, but it's not licensed and you can only read it via scanlations. Since scanlations are iffy on the legality/illegal, I cannot post where I found it on here.
Atria35

Postby Mike123123 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:36 pm

you could get ComicRack it lets you read comics you've downloaded (also works on manga)

then you could just download the manga (maybe a torrent?)

am i allowed to say this sort of stuff on CAA? if not i will edit the post to say something else
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
-John 3:16
Mike123123

Postby Lynna » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:20 pm

If the manga has not be officially licensed in English, can someone explain to me why it would still possible be illegal? I mean, they could buy it in Japanese, but it's not like they could, y'know, read it...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Mike123123 (post: 1516972) wrote:you could get ComicRack it lets you read comics you've downloaded (also works on manga)

then you could just download the manga (maybe a torrent?)

am i allowed to say this sort of stuff on CAA? if not i will edit the post to say something else

Well, yes you can. The only option to read it in English is scanlations, and you can only get those by downloading them or by going to an illegal mangareader online.

Lynna (post: 1517141) wrote:If the manga has not be officially licensed in English, can someone explain to me why it would still possible be illegal? I mean, they could buy it in Japanese, but it's not like they could, y'know, read it...

It's illegal because the only way to get them is by reproducing the author's original work (scanning into the computer) and various other copyright issues that go along with that. It all violates international copyright law. Regardless of whether or not other people can read it, it's reproducing the author's work without their permission and without them getting any compensation from it.
Atria35

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:58 pm

In addition, many sites that have manga scanned and uploaded for others to watch have ads on their site, which can be equated to them earning money off of someone else's work, which is also illegal according to copyright law.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews