Fruits Basket

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Nami » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:13 am

[spoiler]I did cry when I saw that last page. It was such a good ending. ^_^ [/spoiler]
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 am

So, I finished my first full read-through of the whole series last night...

[spoiler]This time, I actually did tear up when I saw the page. It was so sweet and touching.[/spoiler]
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Gojira » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Currently watching the anime. I don't know if I'll read the manga though. I've been told that it's made people cry. :shady:
Gojira

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Gojira (post: 1485711) wrote:Currently watching the anime. I don't know if I'll read the manga though. I've been told that it's made people cry. :shady:

Read back a page. It may make you cry, but there's a lot more character development, and the characters are a lot less shallow than in the anime.
Atria35

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Atria35 (post: 1485713) wrote:Read back a page. It may make you cry, but there's a lot more character development, and the characters are a lot less shallow than in the anime.
^ This. The manga is way better.

And just so you're aware, the crying is actually because of the absolute beauty of it, not something bad. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:45 pm

If you only watch the anime, you'll never get the full story. The anime only covers events that were in the first 8 volumes. And even then, not all of the events in those volumes were in the anime (if memory serves, everything in volumes 1 - 6 was in the anime, then all but a chapter or two from volume 7, and only 1 or 2 chapters in volume 8 with everything else in that volume and beyond being left out). Only covering about 7 volumes worth of chapters in the anime doesn't do a manga series that's 23 volumes long any justice at all.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Wave » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:00 am

Oh! I love this series. FB volume 1 was the very first manga I bought for myself. I got so confused in the first few pages when they did that flash back. I thought they printed it out of order! It was such a sweat story and the ending was perfect! I tried watching the anime but could never get though the first few episodes. The manga is much better.

\/\//\\///
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Lynna » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:58 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1485785) wrote:If you only watch the anime, you'll never get the full story. The anime only covers events that were in the first 8 volumes. And even then, not all of the events in those volumes were in the anime (if memory serves, everything in volumes 1 - 6 was in the anime, then all but a chapter or two from volume 7, and only 1 or 2 chapters in volume 8 with everything else in that volume and beyond being left out). Only covering about 7 volumes worth of chapters in the anime doesn't do a manga series that's 23 volumes long any justice at all.

Very well said indeed! Though the anime tends to be more light-hearted, it only goes skin deep.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Tamachan319 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Lynna (post: 1479637) wrote:O.O I adored This manga. It made me cry lots :') <3 I actually haven't read it for a loooooooong time. I was thinking of reading it again recently ^_^ I love it to death.

And you know what else I love? I love Machi (I might be spelling her name wrong by now though) I've heard some people call her
[Spoiler] Yuki's consolation prize[/spoiler]
But I don't think that at all! Her and [Spoiler] Yuki [/spoiler] made a great couple!
^_^

I have loved this manga for a long, long time. It was one of my very first series, so reading it always feels a bit like stepping into a time machine. I'll add my agreement to the "anime's good, manga's better" opinion. While the anime was excellent, the manga went way more in-depth. I also prefer the later art style that emerges somewhere around volume 12ish.
I have to agree with Lynna on the [Spoiler] Yuki/Machi thing. I'm glad Yuki ended up with Machi, not Tohru. I think Yuki and Tohru would be an okay couple, but Yuki and Machi seem....right. They're both quiet and awkward and kind of shy- they have very similar personalities. They even both have depressing backstories with their families! [/spoiler].
Which makes me think... I really liked the character of Kakeru in the manga! He was funny, and Yuki was a whole lot more interesting when he was arguing with Kakeru. :) I liked the entire student council part, actually. :D
The funniest scene for me was the Sorta Cinderella play. It was so random and funny- and [Spoiler] sweet, with Uo's "just wanna see each other" (for Kureno) and Tohru's "But that would make me very happy" (for Kyo)moment[/spoiler].
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Tamachan319 (post: 1488809) wrote:The funniest scene for me was the Sorta Cinderella play. It was so random and funny- and [Spoiler] sweet, with Uo's "just wanna see each other" (for Kureno) and Tohru's "But that would make me very happy" (for Kyo)moment[/spoiler].

I loved that part!

[Spoiler]I agree, I liked the "just wanna see each other" part. And, if you ask me, Cinderella's dress never looked better! :)[/Spoiler]
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Re: Fruits Basket

Postby steenajack » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:39 pm

So I've been listening to JesuOtaku's audio drama of Furuba, and it's seriously made me want to start reading the manga...my gosh, it's such an amazing story. Couldn't get into the anime since it came off a bit more shallow to me. Really quite amazing though.
http://furubadrama.weebly.com/
steenajack

Postby faithb4sight » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:25 pm

I started the series by watching the anime so I have a soft spot for it and still enjoy watching it. After I watched it I read the books. Yes, I admit they were much better. The series as a whole has amazing character development and is naturally funny (it makes me laugh more than most comedies). I love the couplings and the way everyone grows and learns more about themselves. I also love how the characters age physically throughout the story. My favorite manga series, by far. Furuba!
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby nln_rose » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 pm

i loved the anime and would love to check out the manga just not sure where to start looking (never bought a manga before)
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews