The Webmanga Ring - Recommending some amazing online manga!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

The Webmanga Ring - Recommending some amazing online manga!

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Hello, fellow manga readers!!! I was thinking of an awesome thread to expand your horizon of manga!!! No, this is not a thread to link to illegal scanlations sites of unserialized manga, oh no! I'm talking WEBMANGA! Independent manga artists from all around posting their manga up online on webcomic hosting sites!

So, what's this thread all about? To recommend awesome webmanga!

How does it work? Every so often, in this thread, I will put up a new recommendation; including link to the webmanga, title, plotline, content overview, and my personal opinion. Than you can post your personal thoughts on what you think of it so far!

How often will you post a new recommendation? I'm gonna try for every other day or every 3 days, or once a week. I guess it all depends; changing recommendations will vary.

Hey, there's an awesome webmanga I'd like to recommend! Can I do that? Why yes you can! Just send me a PM and I'll let you be a Guest Recommender!!! Or I'll post for you, and just say you personally recommend it, whichever works for you!

Any other questions? Feel free to post in the thread!

Now, let's get to recommending!! I want my recommendation to be a separate post from the "introduction", so I'll choose a webmanga to recommend and get back to you! ^.^
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:50 pm

[SIZE="5"]The World Stops[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]By Marshmellow Muffin[/SIZE]

Plotline:
Liz is the only time keeper known in the whole universe. It’s up to Liz and her friends to stop worlds to keep balance between dreams, reality, and time. Or is there another force forcing them to stop different worlds to gain time? This series crosses with every manga I have ever made or thought to make. Don’t be surprised if you see some characters you don’t know.
(SmackJeeves description)

Format: Right-to-left
Suggested Age: Maybe 10+?
Content: This is a really clean manga! Violence is very mild (the worst is someone gets shot by a "friendship gun" and there's a little bit of blood soaked through the sleeve, but that's the worst of it). There's no language (that I can remember, anyway). No nudity, skimpy outfits, or sexual content! There IS magic, since it is a fantasy somewhat magical-girly series, however, it's "fantasy magic", so if you have no problem with non-realistic magic, then you'll love this series ^.^
Genre: Fantasy

Read it: http://theworldstops.smackjeeves.com/comics/506913/cover1/

PERSONAL THOUGHTS! (Be sure to post yours ^.-)
I completely LOVE this series! It's clean, it's cute, and the art is BEAUTIFUL! Very unique, which I like! The characters are loveable and it's a well-written story! It CAN be confusing at times, but not to worry; Liz is just as confused as to what the heck is going on XD!!! I must let you know that the grammer and spelling isn't the best, but in the printed version, Muffin-sama said it's all corrected. There's very few printed copies left, as she only printed for AnimeExpo AX, and she's working on getting volume 2 ready for next year. This has become one of my personal favorites and would rank as one of my top 7! Also, Muffin-sama is an awesome manga-ka and very nice! I look forward to possibly working with her at AX in 2011! (We're both part of DREAM Online Manga)
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:42 pm

no comments? Ummm...OK...

And to correct my last statement, Muffin-sama has volume 1 of this manga up at Etsy, so you don't have to worry about limited copies anymore. I'll post a new recommendation later, so wait for it...

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Well, I haven't found any particularly good web MANGA. I discovered quite a few good web COMICS since you posted this, but it's not the same thing ^.^" I'll keep looking, though!
Atria35

Postby steenajack » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Ahem! I would like to bring to attention this webcomic/manga "Skipping Tomorrows".

Plotline:
Shawn Truid looked on the bright side of life. Emma Luthain felt the weight of the world on her shoulders. These two could learn a lot from each other except for one problem: Emma lived in the year 1910 and Shawn in 2005. But fate took care of that detail for them ...

Now Shawn must help Emma adjust to life in the future while trying to find her a way to get back to 1910.
(From site)

Format: Left-to-Right

Suggested Age: PG (10+ possibly?)

Content: Some very MINOR innuendo that you'll barely notice, and a very brief scene of violence (a guy get's beaten up, and coughs up a little drop of blood.) Other than that, you never see or read anything indecent

Genre: Romance, Sci-Fi

Read it: http://www.hoodiegypsy.com/skippingtomorrows/

PERSONAL THOUGHTS!
Written by a member here on CAA (Gypsy/Hoodygypsy), this lovely and well done webmanga is quite the must-read. Although the art style may not appeal to certain people, don't let that distract you from the amazing story. Each page keeps you wanting more, and you won't want to stop reading until you've read EVERY single one. Also, in my opinion, the artwork is quite nice and colorful. There is also a very sweet message about selfless love in here, one that will have you in tears by the time you get to that point. Now, I shall warn you that after reading this, you are going to be mad at me for recommending this webcomic/manga. Why you ask? Because it is not finished and the author takes awhile to update. ^^;....but seriously, don't let that keep you from reading this. It's quite good and worth reading....and re-reading, and re-reading....At least give it a shot, you'll thank me later.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 pm

This sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out! When I read it, I'll post my thoughts...

AnimeGirl

Postby Alreadyish » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:04 pm

No new replies?! D: Hane~ If you don't mind, may I revive this thread? ^_^ (LOL I AM STALKING YOU HANE AND I'LL REVIVE THIS THREAD TOO) 8D;;;; Ah! And thanks for recommending and mentioning my manga a lot. @_____@'" (It's still not magic the characters use, though. ;v;a)

We have here~~~~ The Magician and the Princess ~~~~~~

Can be found for reading at ~> http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=90069

Plotline (Copy and pasted from SJ):Ever wondered what would happen if you looked into a Magician's hat? It would be like curious 'Alice' looking down the rabbit hole.

Here we have a story about a boy, Alfie (Alice) becoming a Magician after falling into Jokerland. He meets a bizarre set of characters, such as, a knight, a cheshire cat, a mad hatter, a duchess and even a caterpillar! Then by chance, he meets an ordinary servant girl called Mary-Ann(daughter of a grand Magician).

After a huge misunderstanding with the Red Prince, Alfie rescues Mary-ann from being beheaded and escapes to reality, but..reality is a little different for these two now in the Red prince's interest....

Alfie soon discovers his dream was no illusion when familiar faces show for his capture, but once he turns into his alter-ego 'Jasper', he fools the public into believing his threatening encounters are only part of the act.

Meanwhile, as Mary-ann holds hope in her father's promise, she finds she must inherit his magic in order to protect her new friends from the Red Prince's wrath.

Follow Alfie as he grows more curious towards this 'White Rabbit' princess...where will all this lead Alfie to...?

May the show begin!!

Suggested Age: 9+ C:

Content: Magicalness, Light curse words if I remember correctly, and some battles or whatever. ;v; (I so suck at explaining stuff.)

Genre: Humor,Romantic, and Fantasy

PERSONAL THOUGHTS!
The drawings and coloring are just so well done! ;v; The characters are very expressive and have a lot of personality.~ Some of the black and white pages feel a little empty and confusing at times but the story and characters really pull it along so you don't notice it that much. :3 I get so happy when I see this update. <3 <3 <3 <3 It updates usually with 2 or more pages a week if not more!~~~ x3
[color="Plum"]❤[/color]
Alreadyish

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews