[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
DC Comics to Shut Down CMX Manga Imprint in July - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

DC Comics to Shut Down CMX Manga Imprint in July

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

DC Comics to Shut Down CMX Manga Imprint in July

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue May 18, 2010 1:51 pm

The Source, Neo.[quote="ANN"]The American publisher DC Comics will shut its CMX Manga imprint down as of July 1. DC Comics Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan Didio offered the following statement:

Over the course of the last six years, CMX has brought a diverse list of titles to America and we value the books and creators that we helped introduce to a new audience. Given the challenges that manga is facing in the American marketplace, we have decided that CMX will cease publishing new titles as of July 1, 2010.
The shuttering of the CMX line does not affect the best-selling series Megatokyo which will continue publication, now as a DC Comics title with story and art by Megatokyo's award-winning creator Fred Gallagher.

We'd like to take a moment to acknowledge the efforts and dedication of the CMX staff and to thank our fans who have supported CMX.

The About.com website reports that details about CMX's other unfinished titles are still being worked out.

Update: Seven books — Musashi No. 9 Vol. 17, Venus Capriccio Vol. 4, Two Flowers for the Dragon Vol. 6, Polyphonica: Cardinal Crimson Vol. 1, Stolen Hearts (Toraware Gokko) Vol. 2, Teru Teru × Shō]
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby mkalv » Tue May 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Well, the only thing I read from that line was Megatokyo, so I guess its not a big loss to me.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby steenajack » Tue May 18, 2010 7:30 pm

GAH! They did Emma! I feel bad that they are going out of business. Even if I have only read one of the mangas they've published. :(
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews