Viz has licensed Bakuman manga!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Viz has licensed Bakuman manga!

Postby Wyntre Rose » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Viz has announced that it will be releasing the latest creation by the team that brought us Death Note starting in August!!

I haven't seen this announcement on the boards yet, but if someone's gotten to it before me, please feel free to delete this.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-04-14/find-out-what-it-takes-to-make-it-to-the-top-as-a-manga-creator-in-the-new-shonen-jump-series-bakuman
Wyntre Rose

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Read some of it in Viz's Shonen Jump.

Twas cool.
Yamamaya

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Oooh, I love that one! I'm reading it weekly on a site... so I guess that means it'll be shut down. T.T Why does manga have to be so expensive!!!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:38 pm

I read the first chappy in SJ too! It looks really interesting and like the art work a lot.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:28 pm

I am totes down for it.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 pm

I keep meaning to read this... Maybe I should pick it up now.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:31 pm

I've been following it since the first week it was serialized. This week is Chapter 83. It's still great.

Why is Bakuman so great?
Just because it's not something deep and dark like Death Note doesn't mean that Ohba's writing gets worse. You can expect the same quality of writing from Death Note, just not as serious business. You'd be surprised at the number of twists and turns that can spring from a manga about publishing. The characters are fantastic and numerous. Most of these other characters are editors and other mangaka. Some of them don't turn out to be who you might have expected them to be.

What's most interesting about Bakuman is that it gives you a look at the process of how manga is created. You can see it go from concept to draft to drawing to printing. You get to see the internal politics of a manga publication and the process that a manga has to go through in order to get published and serialized. It has some really interesting opinions that get pretty meta about how Shounen Jump is run. And, it has some pretty neat ideas for manga series.

I've been following it since the first week it was published and pretty much every chapter has been great. It's amazing how each week's chapter ends up springing a twist or cliffhanger while managing to move the plot forward at a good pace and making sense. It's gripping like Death Note was, except instead of elaborate murders, we're dealing with Shounen Jump rankings.
blkmage

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:46 pm

I just bought a copy of Shounen Jump, and am highly enjoying this series, especially since me, my bro, and 2 friends are aspiring manga-ka who are starting our own manga magazine! I found it inspirational.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby airichan623 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:05 pm

I also read the preview in Shonen Jump- Bakuman ga suki! I will definitely buy this one.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Lol, this manga is hilarious. It's awesome. XP
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews