[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Kekkaishi...Koments (get it, it is a pun!) - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Kekkaishi...Koments (get it, it is a pun!)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kekkaishi...Koments (get it, it is a pun!)

Postby Garjzla » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:11 pm

well i just started following this manga, and it is not as good as the "Big 3" (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) but I still really like it, what are your guys thoughts about it.
God+Anime+Internet+Forums=1337
"MOES: Where everybody knows your sig (because it's a reasonable size)."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:54 pm

Kekkaishi is an underrated shonen title. While it doesn't really go beyond a lot of the limitations of the genre, I wish more series followed its general approach. Because all of the main characters have a fairly basic set of abilities, it's interesting to see them use these in new variations instead of just gaining a bunch of new powers.

For anyone thinking about it, don't be put off by the covers. It seems generic, but generally treats things with an even keel that there should be more of in shonen.

For those reading, any other Masamori fans? In the beginning I wondered if he would just get turned into a villain, but the series took a higher route and I'm much more interested in his plot lines than the main ones.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Yeah, Kekkaishi is a pretty underrated series. I'm also partially blaming the art for this, as it does sort of make the series look generic, particularly compared to a lot of the stylized Jump artists. Maybe it will attract more attention when Viz releases the anime.

Haven't read it in awhile though. Think I read up to Volume 10, although I skimmed through several of the later chapters.

Masamori is, indeed, one of the most interesting characters.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Garjzla » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:17 pm

masamori is really cool, and the latest chapters are very cool, and i especially love the whole [spoiler]landlord idea, Yoshimori's is very cool so is kurohime[/spoiler]

[for future reference, please do not link to copyrighted material]
God+Anime+Internet+Forums=1337
"MOES: Where everybody knows your sig (because it's a reasonable size)."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews