Calling All Ouran Fans!!!!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby blkmage » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:31 pm

blkmage

Postby Lynna » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:17 pm

I just started the anime ^_^ I love it! though I Haven't gotten a sense of my favorite characters yet, I think Tamaki is pretty cool. Normally he's the sort I'd write off as arogant and fake, but he actually seems pretty genuine. I'll ship TamaxHaru for now, though everyone seems to think she's better paired with hikaru. We shall see...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby goldenspines » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Lynna (post: 1420340) wrote:I just started the anime ^_^ I love it! though I Haven't gotten a sense of my favorite characters yet, I think Tamaki is pretty cool. Normally he's the sort I'd write off as arogant and fake, but he actually seems pretty genuine. I'll ship TamaxHaru for now, though everyone seems to think she's better paired with hikaru. We shall see...

Not everyone~
I don't support many couples in anime/manga, but TamaxHaru is one of the few.

blkmage wrote: Sup guys, Ouran is ending in September.

For those of us who cannot read much Japanese, here is the only semi readable google translated version of the site: Click here.

(also, in case anyone is confused by "Visco bird leaf/leaves", that's Bisco Hatori. XD; )

But, yes it does look like the series is coming to a close in September (in Japan, that is. There will be a bit of lag time for the final volume, 17, to be released in the states and elsewhere in the world). Thanks for the link, Blkmage! ^__^
goldenspines

Postby Sae-chan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:09 am

:3 Ending was beautiful, as Bisco's works usually are. :) I love the art in Ouran. So, so beautiful.

[spoiler]I was a bit disappointed at the end, though. Mainly because the whole host club follows Haruhi. I realize that it's supposed to be a nice, heartwarming ending... which it is. But I didn't see the need for the whole host club to follow Haruhi. I think I was just disappointed because I wanted to see the members grow up, I guess. The fact that they joined Haruhi just implied that they hadn't really grown up from the kids who indulged in every whim of theirs... that they still were really dependent on her.
Sorry, that probably came out harsher on them than I'd intended. :(
Was anyone else disappointed? [/spoiler]
Sae-chan

Postby Fangirl4God » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:37 am

I loves Ouran so much! I wouldn't say it's my absolute fave anime, but it used to be and I still think it's one of the best! Hunny ish my fave character! I've seen every episode of the anime but only read a few of the manga that's in the library at skewl lolz. Yes, they have Ouran at our school! How awesome is that???
[color="Purple"][/color][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Everything happens for a reason, and every reason brings you closer to a better and brighter future~[/font]

[font="Book Antiqua"]"[color="Red"]Love is patient, love is kind, love is not jealous, it does not boast, it does not become conceited, it does not behave dishonorably, it is not selfish, it does not become angry, it does not keep a record of wrongs, it does not rejoice at unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things[/color]."[/font]
Fangirl4God

Location: Alfredica! That's good ole America for those of you who do not watch Hetalia~

Postby Chibi0saka » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 pm

and this is why I feel like Hikaru and Kaoru got screwed over. Both of them love Haruhi and both of them are aware of it, but most importantly, both of them went through ridiculous amounts of character development because of it. With the realization that they’re both competing for the same girl, they had to struggle against each other. Eventually, this ended in Kaoru deciding to step aside for Hikaru and both of them having their worldview changed from the focus on themselves.

OMG!!!!! Kaoru is my FAVORITE Ouran character out of everyone because of this. Just saying.
[font="Verdana"][color="RoyalBlue"]NOTHING but the blood[/color][/font]
Chibi0saka

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 am

I love Ouran!!!!! It was one of my first real animes (Pokemon doesn't count).
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:27 am

Has it finished in English yet? I have been getting it from my Library but they don't have the last few yet.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 am

wildpurplechild (post: 1488482) wrote:Has it finished in English yet? I have been getting it from my Library but they don't have the last few yet.

Nope. THey just finished releasing volume 16, and the series is 18 volumes long. 17 is expected to be released in December.
Atria35

Postby Asuka Neko » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:13 pm

I love the manga of Ouran so much... I watched the anime a long, LONG time ago, but read the manga more recently and it's got to be one of my favorite shoujo mangas. The later volumes are my favorites too. It's just getting so exciting~

I'm really, REALLY trying not to read that spoiler tag. I'm not. I won't read it. I promise.
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm wishing I had budgeted to buy Ouran v. 16 >.>" I might just save up and buy the last three volumes all at once, or the suspense would kill me! I still have to wait until next summer to finish the series, though. So disappionting.
Atria35

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews