Kitchen Princess

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kitchen Princess

Postby RandomBurrito » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 pm

So.... has anyone read a manga called Kitchen Princess? I'm wondering if it's any good. (I hope this is not spamming for asking ._.). Well, if anyone can help me it'd be much appreciated! :thumb:
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:12 am

Yes, it's fantastic! I love to cook and I love cute shoujo titles, so this is like my perfect manga title. I've only read half of it, but so far it's great. The drama is good, the art is great, and I think it's really fun that they put recipes in the back of each volume.

Hope this helps!
Ashley

Postby minakichan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:36 am

It's kind of like sports manga but with cooking and typical shoujo romance. It didn't blow me away, but it is a little more interesting than most shoujo. At the very least, it's really fun to see all the delicious-looking foods and think "Uwaaa there's a recipe, I could totally make this, too bad I'm LAZY."
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby RandomBurrito » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Thank you both! I was wondering though.... does it have anything that's against Christianity or something exposing in it? That's one of my biggest concerns (I forgot to mention that in my post).

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
RandomBurrito

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:05 pm

From what I've read, no. It's absolutely 100% clean. But, as I said, I only read the first 4 volumes...but I really can't imagine there being anything. No nudity, no un/anti-Christian religious stuff, no cussing...it was one of the cleanest things I've seen in a while.
Ashley

Postby RandomBurrito » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:46 pm

That's cool, thank you Ashley! I think I'll go ahead and buy it. Thanks again!

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 pm

I think that I'm the only guy posting on this, but I've read up to volume 8 and really enjoy it. It's your typical shoujo except it's exceptionally well done, and has some pretty surprising plot twists. It's well worth it, especially if you enjoy cooking like I do.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:50 pm

Cool! I was trying to so hard to get that book but it's hard to find! I'm still looking XD

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:24 am

Really? It seems to be one of the easier ones to find out where I'm at.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:07 pm

That's awesome! I wish for me, lolz. Yeah..... for some reason I'm having a tough time finding it. Oh well....

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Well you can always ask your local bookstore to order it for you.
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:31 am

Yeah. I just got it. It's pretty good so far. I'll haveta get the second volume now.

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:29 am

Yeah, I've actually considered buying this series myself...Anyway I'm up to volume eight and looking to read volume nine.
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Another quetion (I really hope I'm not annoying anyone with questions), near the end of the first book, before Najika cooks for Daichi she says "I'll cast a spell". Is there anything else like that in the rest of the series? Or did she say that I guess kinda like a joke or something (I probably said that wrong.... I hope I make sense).

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:59 pm

More of a joke. In reference to her cooking. No magic in this one.
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:12 pm

Oh ok, thank you! That was what stopped me from buying the second volume but now that I know it's not "magic". Thanks again!

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 am

You're welcome, yeah it's been a while since I've read it so my memory is somewhat spotty. Anyway I'm looking forward to volume 9 which is coming out this month.
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Really? I gotta get the rest of the books first, lol. It'd be kinda weird to read nine to one O.O

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Yeah, I've already read volumes 1-8. So that's why I'm looking forward to 9.
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Cool! Now I gotta go book huntin' for it. *puts on hunting cap*

RandomBurrito

Postby armeck » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:32 pm

hey my lil sister was interested in it. would it be good for a 9 year old girl? (that means nothing bad what-so-ever!)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:47 pm

armeckthefirst (post: 1296302) wrote:hey my lil sister was interested in it. would it be good for a 9 year old girl? (that means nothing bad what-so-ever!)

As far as content wise I'd say it's more than clean enough...There are a few themes that are geared more for teens (such as bullying.) But all in all I'd say it wouldn't be that bad.
That Dude

Postby armeck » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:59 pm

well thank you!
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Ashley (post: 1288701) wrote:...I think it's really fun that they put recipes in the back of each volume.

OK. I just have to ask... The actual back of the volume, or the "manga back" (front).

:D
Mithrandir

Postby Ashley » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:39 pm

No, no, the *actual* back
Ashley

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Just read volume 9 today, good stuff. Nothing particularly exciting about it, but very well executed. Had me all mushy...
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:42 pm

I barely got volume 2 T_T Lol, but it was good. I found a place that sells all the volumes so now I know where to go. Thanks again for helping.

RandomBurrito

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 am

You're quite welcome.
That Dude

Postby RandomBurrito » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm at book six now! I'm kinda like O.O when I read the beginning of six and now like ._. when I read the last part. I hope to get the rest hopefully this weekend.

RandomBurrito

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews