Phoenix Wright finally coming to manga form.

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Phoenix Wright finally coming to manga form.

Postby ADXC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 pm

No you didn't read the title wrong the Phoenix Wright manga is coming out soon. Well Im not really sure if it's in manga form but I believe it is.

Here's the link for it.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Phoenix-Wright-Volume-1/Ballantine/e/9780345503558/?itm=3

Yah! I can't wait to get it.

Well even if it's not in manga form it might as well be.
ADXC

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:07 am

Oh yeah, I heard about this a while back, but I didn't think it'd get licensed. Might have to check it out.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby minakichan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:45 am

I'm fairly certain this isn't the actual manga, but maybe just a book about the cases. I've read (some of) the manga, and the cover and art style are distinct. This book only appears to have the game art on the cover.

But the actual Phoenix Wright manga is not terribly awesome.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Haruhiko » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:09 am

If this is the manga, I'll definitely pick it up when I get the money.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Haruhiko, CAA's resident lurker.[/color][/SIZE]

Haruhiko

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:37 am

Hmm, you're right minakichan, it doesn't really look like the manga at all. Plus, since when does Random House/Ballantine publish manga?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby minakichan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 am

Also, it's listed as 416 pages XD I mean, that's certainly possible for a manga volume size, but stiiiiiiiiill.

416 pages of ANYTHING Phoenix Wright, though?! WOWWWW *_*
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:53 pm

Ah who cares. It's probably the closest thing to manga of Phoenix Wright that will actually come out in America. I mean it's animeish so it's not too far from manga.

I realize the page count is alot, but I do think we are due for it. And if it's not in comic or manga form then Im sorry. Just be grateful that something like this actually coming out.

Manga Messiah wasn't really in manga form. Maybe the artwork was, but you read that from left to right. But just a question, what really makes a manga different from comics? I know this is a stupid question that I should know the answer frontwards and backwards, but Im still not sure. Can it still be manga read from left to right? Or is that considered a comic book? Also does the artwork have anything to do with it? And lastly does it matter where the author was from in deciding if it's manga or not?

Well let me say this, the series was made by Japanese people so I really don't think it matters.
ADXC

Postby minakichan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:34 am

Ah who cares. It's probably the closest thing to manga of Phoenix Wright that will actually come out in America. I mean it's animeish so it's not too far from manga.

I realize the page count is alot, but I do think we are due for it. And if it's not in comic or manga form then Im sorry. Just be grateful that something like this actually coming out.

Uh no, that's not the point. This book most likely is not a comic AT ALL. It seems more like it will be prose text accompanied by images, not even juxtaposed as "sequential art," which is essentially the DEFINITION of being a comic. (Go read Understanding Comic by Scott McCloud. NOW.) If you want to argue that that qualifies as manga, then that makes a biology textbook a comic. (But then again, OEL proponents will argue anything.)
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ADXC » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:15 pm

Well okay then. But I'll still probably get it anyways.

But I do think that this is going to be manga. Or it could just be prose text, I really don't care either way.
ADXC

Postby Bap » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 pm

When it says 'Random House,' does it mean like... RH specifically, or subcompanies as well? Because Del Rey is a part of RH. o:

Still looking forward to it. (: Godot's on the cover. <3
<pritch> jeez
<pritch> sauron couldve got the one ring on ebay for £4.99
<pritch> oh wait
<pritch> excludes delivery to mordor
<fragglet> one does not simply deliver to mordor
Bap

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:50 pm

And to my dear sister I bestow... a boot to the head.

A Phoenix Wright novel? Nice.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:49 pm

ADXC

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 am

Oh yeah...a novel would totally be awesome. And believe me, there are other video games out there I would LOVE to see in novel format, like the second and third Paper Mario games. Those would ROCK. Heck, maybe even Apollo Justice.

Heck, even the One Piece manga in novel format would be awesome. ^_^
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Midou » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:43 pm

first time I heard about this. I hope im able to find it!
Midou

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews