Question about the FMA Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Question about the FMA Manga

Postby Luinnar » Fri May 16, 2008 11:00 am

Hi I have a question about the FMA manga. I have read volumes 1-3 and I was thinking of continuing the series. My question is, does the series get any worse content wise? I don't remember any fanservice/Sexual Content/Nudity etc. in the first 3 is it in the later books? Also, I've read in the FMA anime review that there is a flashback with a guy with his wife in bed, is this present in the manga?

Thanks
Luinnar

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri May 16, 2008 1:39 pm

Luinnar wrote:Also, I've read in the FMA anime review that there is a flashback with a guy with his wife in bed, is this present in the manga?

If this scene offended you (Trisha and Hohenheim, right?), then you may have a minor problem with a few things later on in the manga. But I assume this kind of essentially non-sexual nudity isn't a big deal, in which case there isn't much that will bother you. Some of the violence is a bit more brutal than seen in the first three volumes, but not much. At one point later in the plot it becomes important to see Riza Hawkeye's back, which happens in a shower scene, but again this is brief and not intended as fanservice.

As far as quality goes, I'd encourage you to get the manga. It is superior to the anime, in my opinion, and develops the latter part in a more balanced way.
uc pseudonym

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm only on V 6, and I haven't seen anything too bad. In fact I don't remember a lot of fanservice in the anime. Even the scene where Psiren unzipped her costume a little bit was plot-driven and not too overdone.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby Bekalou » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:34 am

I've read through chapter 61, and there isn't any more sexuality, really. There are moments of nudity but not in a fanservicey way; yes, we do see Hawkeye's nude back in a shower scene, but it's intended as a plot-related moment. It does get a lot more violent and dark in some areas, though.

As per the marriage-bed scene in the anime - it's very brief, and not meant to be erotic at all; they're flashes of memories and it's not fanservicey or gratuitous. The nudity is undetailed. Sailor Kenshin is right; there's pretty much no fanservice in the anime at all, except for some cleavage in Episode 10 (which is a skippable episode, because it doesn't have anything to do with the plot).
Bekalou

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews