Nodame Cantabile

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Nodame Cantabile

Postby yukoxholic » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Nodame Cantabile

I have picked up this manga a number of times, try to attempt to read it while in store, and never get too because for some reason book stores around here are taking stricter actions to free-loading manga readers. So, I was wondering if anyone here has ever read this title. I'd love to know everything in it and if possible have detailing on the objectionable material such as language, innuendo, violence, sexual situations, risque humor, etc because I've had a lot of people give me reviews on specific titles and they are completely inaccurate. :sweat:

Thanks in advance!
yukoxholic

Postby minakichan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:30 pm

It's a great title, one of my favorite jousei (though the list of jousei I can stand is very, very short). I do believe the anime is better simply because it... has sound (so the drama would be better for the same reason, I guess), which is kind of important for a music series, but even without it, the manga is sweet and funny.

As for sexual situations, at least of what I'VE read (which admittedly isn't that much; I did see the whole anime though), there isn't any hugely explicit stuff, but sexuality exists. There's a perverted character who gropes, but the uh, images aren't as... vivid as it might be in shonen romance and the like. The title character can be kind of a pervert too, but it's all in humor because she's very awkward and clueless. So it's mostly risque humor, not so much actual situations.

Language I don't really pay attention to, so :/ sorry. Violence is all comical.

=D
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:14 pm

[quote="minakichan (post: 1220874)"]It's a great title, one of my favorite jousei (though the list of jousei I can stand is very, very short). I do believe the anime is better simply because it... has sound (so the drama would be better for the same reason, I guess), which is kind of important for a music series, but even without it, the manga is sweet and funny.

As for sexual situations, at least of what I'VE read (which admittedly isn't that much]

Thanks so much for the reply it really helped in deciding whether to purchase this manga or not, which I most likely will be. ^_^
yukoxholic

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews