Fluke PMGD-540 Personal Magic Girl Detector

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fluke PMGD-540 Personal Magic Girl Detector

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 pm

Today's Megatokyo may have been one of the funniest ever for an Electrical Engineer, although I don't know if the reason has any meaning to the average non-technical type.

Fluke is a company that makes electrical instruments, the things we use to measure stuff in EE. If you ever had an electrician into your house and he whipped out a multimeter to measure the current in your wall, it was very likely from Fluke. They make so many different devices, the name is all over any electrical engineering lab, and very common in many scientific laboratories as well.

So if you need to measure the power of a Magical Girl? Apparently they make an instument for that, too:

http://www.megatokyo.com/strip/1107

Complete with stars and rainbow. Other than the decor, it absolutely looks like a real device from Fluke. I laughed so hard at this one, I scared my wife.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:08 am

You see, this is why MegaTokyo is so very wonderful. Random, often obscure references to the real world that make those who know them smile. Well, that and the art and story. Minor things like that. ^_~

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews