Writers forgetting their stories?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Writers forgetting their stories?

Postby Momo-P » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:21 am

It's kinda sad when it happens, but it does happen. Just from past experience, what are some bad ones that come to mind?

Off the top of my head, I'm gonna have to throw Toriyama in there. Dragon Ball fans often joke about how he forgets stuff, but there are two things he did that are rather amazing he forgot.

- Roshi blows up in the moon in Dragon Ball...how do you forget this? It's the freaking moon! o_o; Having it appear out of nowhere is pretty bad. Especially since it becomes the center of attention when Gohan transforms.

- Before he created the rules of the Namekians, he let Piccolo produce creatures that weren't clones and also said Kami couldn't survive without food. I admire his creativity and all, but I believe Piccolo is his favorite character. Why couldn't he remember this? Furthermore it's just sad when you create such a manly looking/sounding character and then say "oh no, he's asexual!" Just like the moon thing, he brought his own errors into the spotlight. It just made it worse. ._.

I also have to point at finger at CLAMP for xxxHolic. I was recently reading it the other day and noticed something. They say Clow was Sakura's blood relative. What the heck? When did this happen?

[spoiler]Yes, I do realize he reincarnated himself into her father[/spoiler]

But that's still not blood relation. For a moment I actually had to stop and reread it because I wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. ._.

So what are some bad ones you can think of?
Momo-P

Postby R. Zion » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:07 am

Now, this is something my friend and I realized the other day, but in Naruto Shippuuden

[spoiler] After the battle with Deidara, Gaara is rendered unconcious. Earlier, in the first part of the story, we learn that when Gaara is asleep (and one would think unconscious in general) that Shukaku which is sealed within him comes out to play.

Thus, in this case, shouldn't Shukaku have been going Godzilla over the Sand Village when Deidara knocked Gaara out?[/spoiler]
R. Zion

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:10 am

Well xxxholic is an alternate universes version of the whole Sakura thing... unless you're referring specifically to an incident in Tsubasa. Cardcaptors and Tsubasa share very little in the way of continuity, and are essentially different stores with the same characters.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews