[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
DNAngel actually RETURNS! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

DNAngel actually RETURNS!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

DNAngel actually RETURNS!

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:39 am

Lookie!

I think that's amazing :) I have a few unfinished manga series, and DN was always one I pushed aside for the time being, knowing that it stopped at volume 11. But now, I hope to see them out by Tokyopop in maybe, close to the end of the year. Long time from now yes, but hey, they ARE coming!
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ranma8 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:21 am

Holy crap!:wow!: It's about time! I thought DNAngel would never return.
I've been putting off buying this because of it being discontinued. I wonder how long it will take for TOKYOPOP to publish volume 12? Maybe a worldwide release?
ranma8

Postby meboeck » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:26 am

I've been meaning to check out this manga for a while, but I never got around to it since I knew it was on hiatus. Maybe now I should finally check it out.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby minakichan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Man, I used to like DNAngel. The hiatus sure blunted my love for this series. I've kind of lost interest, to be honest, but I guess I'll finish it off for old times' sake.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby rii namuras » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:36 am

[color="Red"](This has been unofficial for a few months [e.g. Sugisaki-sensei's website saying that details would be in the Feb issue of Asuka], but yayay it's official now.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:15 am

so thats what happened...
I've had all 11 volumes and I've been looking for volume 12 for MONTHS glad to see its' going to be continued after all.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby ADXC » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:12 am

Man, its been like a year since they made a new volume! I just can't wait, im definitely going to buy it.
ADXC

Postby minakichan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:38 am

Actually, it's been almost 2.5 years. DNAngel stopped serializing in August 2005.

Well, I DO like DNAngel better than Lagoon Engine. Asuka makes an improvement... Man, I could go for an Asuka right about now.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:30 pm

Wow. DNAngel was one of my favorites when it was being released more evenly. But I started to get worried after volume 10. I was amped when volume 11 finally came out. Then I started waiting for volume 12. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And wait....ah, I don't feel like typing that anymore. The point is, I'm glad it's not completely dead and I look forward to (finally) reading more.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:42 pm

hmm. I have yet to read this series...I'm assuming it's good?
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:58 pm

bakura_fan (post: 1195220) wrote:hmm. I have yet to read this series...I'm assuming it's good?

You assume correctly. Read it ~ especially for Daisuke's mom. XD

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby ADXC » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Yeah, I agree. I think it has more content then the anime did, but I still loved the anime anyway. Like with the recent(Well recent as the latest ones to released, not in the time they have been released because its been a while since they released volume 11.) issues.
ADXC

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:35 am

hmm. I have yet to read this series...I'm assuming it's good?

Well, if you like Kaitou stories (like I do~) then yeah, it's pretty good; in fact, it may be the only male-kaitou story since Lupin III. But you should know there is a bit of an implied sexual tension between two of the main character (of the same sex). It's nothing explicit, just something I think the artist did to make it more popular with teens who are into yaoi.
Ashley

Postby Alexander » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:29 pm

YES! YES! YES!

To some people, patience is a nuisance. To me, an ally. I loved this series and have been hoping for this news to arrive someday.

I should probably dust off and re-read my collection now. It's been a bit of time. XD
Alexander

Postby Kanerou » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:21 pm

[quote="Ashley (post: 1195351)"]Well, if you like Kaitou stories (like I do~) then yeah, it's pretty good]

And don't forget the disturbing Keiji. *shudders at the memory* Honestly, is unrequited gay-love obligatory in shoujo manga?
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Eh, no. Kaito Jeanne was pretty much free of it, and I can think of some others too...
Ashley

Postby Kanerou » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Really? I'd be curious to know which ones.
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:16 pm

[quote="Ashley (post: 1195351)"]Well, if you like Kaitou stories (like I do~) then yeah, it's pretty good]

>_> I guess I didn't read into this as much as some people, I actually thought it was more pronounced in the 4th episode of the anime than in the manga series...

of course, it's been a while since I read the manga XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 pm

lookee!! Discount anime DVD is having a book worm sale. 35% off manga...including D.N.Angel. This week only. ^_^ http://www.discountanimedvd.com/product_list_category.asp?cate=845&iType=4&cateName=D%2EN%2EAngel
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby ADXC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:44 pm

I wouldn't really say theres that much of an implication, maybe just enough so yaoi girls can run off of just like in Naruto in the first few episodes when you know what happened. But I do know that Daisuke isn't gay because well because of Riku. And Satoshi because there's Risa, its an implied start of a relationship at the end of the anime. So I wouldn't worry about that too much about that.
ADXC

Postby rii namuras » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:55 am

[color="Red"](One of the main reasons why fangirls think Satoshi's gay is because he turns into Krad when he's around/thinks of Daisuke. They're assuming that his "trigger" is the same as Daisuke's, which is love. However, though I can't give you the exact quote because my copy is still somewhere inbetween the States and Hong Kong, in volume 11...)[/color]

[spoiler](Dark says that Satoshi uses anger to unleash Krad. Basically, Daisuke does the same thing when he finds out Risa's been kidnapped, and Dark refuses to help him rescue her because of this, saying, "You could turn out like him..." a picture someone in chains, and Daisuke says "Satoshi...")[/spoiler]
rii namuras

Postby Ashley » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:40 am

Really? I'd be curious to know which ones.

Kaitou Jeanne, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Magic Knights Rayearth (though not Rayearth II), Pretear, Princess Tutu, Super GALS!, Saint Tail...those are what I can think of off the top of my head.
Ashley

Postby Kanerou » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Thank you.

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Kanerou

Postby minakichan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Well, if you like Kaitou stories (like I do~) then yeah, it's pretty good; in fact, it may be the only male-kaitou story since Lupin III.

Sorry, I have to be an angry fangirl now.

NO. NO. Gaaaah Kuroba Kaito AKA Kaitou Kid from Magic Kaito and Detective Conan. Not only is he so much more of a man and a much cleverer thief than Dark Mousy (especially in that he uses intellect and devious trickery, rather than soopah magik, to pull off heists; he's also a gentleman thief fighting for GREAT JUSTICE), but I am about 85% positive that Kaitou Dark posed off of Kaitou Kid. In addition, considering that Detective Conan is one of the most popular anime and manga series in the world, there are far more people who recognize Kaitou Kid than do Dark Mousy.

But that's OK, I don't mean to attack you or anything. Kaito is just my favorite character of all time =D
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Kanerou » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:22 am

*goes off to look* I must say, though, Dark is much better-looking. And as far as methods, given that this is a TV show... if you got it, flaunt it. ;)

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Kanerou

Postby minakichan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:06 am

Dark is much better-looking

I'm biased, I don't see it at all =D Dark has the boyband pin-up look, I guess, but Kid has the suave gentleman look (and Kaito has the boyish charm). I guess the former is hot and the latter is handsome; the former I'd like to see nude, the latter in really nice clothes. But Kaito wins on personality~ <3

SORRY SORRY I'LL STOP MY FANGIRLING NOW.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Debitt » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:41 am

\o\ All I can say to this is....FINALLY. <3!! I've been following DNAngel since way before it came out here, and I was so worried it was going to meet the same fate as Megami Kohousei.

rii namuras (post: 1195574) wrote:[color="Red"](One of the main reasons why fangirls think Satoshi's gay is because he turns into Krad when he's around/thinks of Daisuke. They're assuming that his "trigger" is the same as Daisuke's, which is love. However, though I can't give you the exact quote because my copy is still somewhere inbetween the States and Hong Kong, in volume 11...)[/color]

[spoiler](Dark says that Satoshi uses anger to unleash Krad. Basically, Daisuke does the same thing when he finds out Risa's been kidnapped, and Dark refuses to help him rescue her because of this, saying, "You could turn out like him..." a picture someone in chains, and Daisuke says "Satoshi...")[/spoiler]

<3 Hooray for people who actually read the series instead of making assumptions.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Kanerou » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 am

[quote="minakichan (post: 1195835)"]I'm biased, I don't see it at all =D Dark has the boyband pin-up look, I guess, but Kid has the suave gentleman look (and Kaito has the boyish charm). I guess the former is hot and the latter is handsome]

*falls down and rolls laughing* I'd rather see Dark fully-clothed myself, but the point is definitely taken. Dark does scream "sexy". And given Dark's personality, I'm sure you're right. :P

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Kanerou

Postby ADXC » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Well being a guy, I thought that Riku was really cute. I didn't care much for Risa or Mio Hio.

I didn't know that rabbits ate strawberrys though as well, Im refering to episode 9 with With wanting to eat those strawberrys so bad!
ADXC

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews