Record of the Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Record of the Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:08 am

Just wondering if anyone else had seen the series and was now following along with the manga that's currently being released by Dark Horse. Just curious if anyone else noticed the differences.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby BrianC » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:49 pm

I haven't read the manga, but I loved the Lodoss OVAs and what I remember of the TV series. I heard that the Lodoss TV series is based on this manga. BTW, the Lodoss manga is published here by Central Park Media, not Dark Horse. Oddly enough, Central Park Media also publishes the Slayers manga. CPM distributed the Slayers TV series and the Lodoss anime in the US too (though under different names. Software Sculptors and US Manga Corps are divisions of Central Park Media).
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:23 am

Yeah, there are at least 3 diff manga series for Lodoss. I think the one published by Central Park Media is the Gray Witch something or other. Or there's another series that has the focus on Deed, maybe that's the one. But the Chronicles one is a new rendition of the older anime series, and has taken some interesting swings ... not to mention changing many character names.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews