FullMetal Water Cooler (FMA chapter discussion)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby GeneD » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm

106:

[spoiler]I think Greed commenting on Bradley's "satisfaction" with his own death was pretty cool.

Kimblee was a nice surprise and Goldy is right about baby Pride.

I predict that Roy will think of some ingenious way to fight by somehow having Riza act as his eyes and make a spectacular comeback. At least I really hope he does. [/spoiler]
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:54 pm

[spoiler]About Roy's eyes, I doubt he won't get them back, unless the brother's don't get their bodies back.[/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 am

From an FMA Brohood staff blog:
"We've received Hagane's original manga up to the final chapter in storyboard form, and using that as the source, we are making the scripts and storyboards. Arakawa-san has a powerful way of working. We're stupified by the amount of material in the final chapter. Whether crying or laughing, there's only two months left."

What does this mean?

1. A final chapter exists. It is almost certainly 108.
2. The anime will finish with the manga at 63 episodes. No OVAs or movies.
3. The finale is going to be frigging packed and amazing.

Exciting times.
blkmage

Postby ich1990 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:15 pm

I didn't start following this at the beginning or anything. But it is still hard to imagine the end of something that has become a regular and celebrated part of my life for so long.

I can only hope that the end satisfies...... and that Arakawa's next series does as well!
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby blkmage » Sat May 08, 2010 8:31 am

More information coming in says that 108 is the last chapter, at 150 pages long.

That issue of Monthly Shounen Gangan is gonna be thick.

Also, 107 spoiler information is surfacing amgamgamg.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat May 08, 2010 8:46 am

blkmage, you just made tears of joy come streaming from my eyes. That is freaking amazing. Arakawa, goddess of manga, will not disappoint us with this ending. Nay, she will give us one so great I can't see anything wrong coming from it, ever.

As ich said, I haven't been with this from the beginning, or even as long as most, if not all of the people in this thread, but the impending end of my beloved FMA is bittersweet. I cannot wait to see the end, but the end means I will have to say goodbye to the Elric brothers, Winry Rockbell, Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, Alex Louis Armstrong, Ling Yao, Lanfan, Hohenheim, Scar, Olivier Armstrong, May Chan, and so, so many others. I had no idea what ride I was in for when I picked up the first volume at the library because I heard it was kind of good.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat May 08, 2010 10:19 am

blkmage (post: 1392883) wrote:More information coming in says that 108 is the last chapter, at 150 pages long.

150 pages? That's VERY good news. I have faith in Arakawa, but it was difficult to imagine a satisfying ending coming of the normal chapter size.

Also, 107 spoiler information is surfacing amgamgamg.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Hohenheim » Sat May 08, 2010 1:27 pm

blkmage wrote:More information coming in says that 108 is the last chapter, at 150 pages long.

This is mind-blowing stuff. I am so looking forward to this finale from Arakawa!:)

I wonder what the next series she does will end up being about? In any case, it ought to be good.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby blkmage » Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm

107:
[spoiler][SIZE="7"]щ(゚Д゚щ)(屮゜Д゜)屮
(;゚д゚) ・・・[/SIZE]

WHAT

WHAT

[SIZE="7"]WHAT[/SIZE][/spoiler]
One more month 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon May 10, 2010 5:23 pm

[spoiler][SIZE="7"]ALPHONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]Arakawa save us all. I put my trust in you. That line was not bait. He will come for you Alphonse, he will.[/spoiler]

I wish I could time travel right now.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon May 10, 2010 5:37 pm

[spoiler] This was a fantastic chapter. I eagerly await the 150 page conclusion. [/spoiler]
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon May 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Ch. 107:
[SIZE="7"]HOLY CRAP!!!![/SIZE]

Ok, so... I don't even know where to start to make comments about this chapter. All I can say is

[Spoiler]I really hope Ed finds a way to go after Al and not sacrifice something big. If either of the brothers die it would be sooooo sad.

Arakawa has got to give us a better ending then the first anime did!!! (I hope XD)[/Spoiler]

You mean I have to wait until NEXT month?!? CRAP!!! XD;
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Hohenheim » Mon May 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Chapter 107:

[Spoiler] Wow. Just wow. I kinda felt like I should've expected that considering the first anime, but honestly, I didn't see Al's sacrifice coming. I hope Ed is able to take Father down Father for good. And yes, considering this chapter, I do expect a lot out of the finale. [/Spoiler]

Why must I wait another month for this epic conclusion?
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon May 10, 2010 6:26 pm

All right, now that I've calmed down some, I'd like to point out something I think most people seem to be forgetting.
[spoiler]Just because Father can no longer contain 'God' doesn't mean he isn't charged with tons of souls. He has more than enough left in him to open the gate, and now that Ed is kicking him around, I have a feeling Father will be used to save Al.[/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ich1990 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Awesome.

[spoiler]No, really. Awesome.[/spoiler]
ich1990

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue May 11, 2010 11:59 am

Chapter 107.[spoiler]IF THE ELRIC'S ENEMY IS THE DEVIL, THEN ALPHONSE MUST BECOME A GOD![/spoiler]FullMetal Alchemist is really the first Manga that got me into Manga. My first love of the genre, of the medium - back when a sparse two volumes was all a small local bookstore stocked, then zero because I returned to pick up the second volume. I still think vol. 2 of FullMetal Alchemist is the best vol. 2 of any series I have ever read.

A romance of five years. I don't think it'll truly hit me it's gone until July arrives with no new chapters.

Godspeed Ed, Al.
Fish and Chips

Postby Yamamaya » Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 pm

So I finally got around to marathoning this manga.

Chapter 107

[SPOILER]I must say that was pretty epic. What with Al sacrificing himself to get Ed his arm back. Although to be honest I would like it better if Al's the one to kick Father's butt back to his flask. But Ed's the main hero so w/e. I can't wait for the final chapter. I have a feeling Father has something up his sleeve.(Maybe Al will get in on this final battle after all).[/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby CrystalChalice » Sat May 15, 2010 7:11 am

I've finished Chapter 107 and all I have to say is that with all the buildup from this final arc, Arakawa better give us a very epic happy ending next month. The suspense is slowly killing me each passing day :bang:
CrystalChalice

Postby blkmage » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:52 am

Last chapter is out in japan, raws are starting to show up. Also, anime confirmed for 64 episodes, last episode airing on July 4.
blkmage

Postby Cloud500 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 am

I really should catch up. I haven't read anything past vol. 22...
Cloud500

Postby airichan623 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:12 am

I finally got through chapter 107, now to wait for the last one....

This has got to be one of the most epic endings EVER! Though my only gripe about the last few chapters is the hap-hazard way hiromu through in the "hohenheim is envy's dad too" thing. it was basically a concession to fans of the first anime.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:19 am

airichan623 (post: 1399239) wrote:I finally got through chapter 107, now to wait for the last one....

This has got to be one of the most epic endings EVER! Though my only gripe about the last few chapters is the hap-hazard way hiromu through in the "hohenheim is envy's dad too" thing. it was basically a concession to fans of the first anime.

What are you talking about? Hohenheim has no relation to Envy.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Hohenheim » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:15 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:What are you talking about? Hohenheim has no relation to Envy.

He's right; Hohenheim has no relation to Envy in the manga/second anime, only in the first anime.

Hohenheim

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:20 am

Chapter 108[spoiler]The end.

Welcome home boys.[/spoiler]And now for some music.
Fish and Chips

Postby Yamamaya » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:31 pm

So it's out.

*goes to look*
Yamamaya

Postby ich1990 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 pm

EDIT: Waiting for scanlations.
ich1990

Postby blkmage » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:14 pm

10/10.
blkmage

Postby minakichan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Yaaaaaaay everything happened perfectly~

[SPOILER]Al's adorable shoutatastic face, the proposal, Ling's stupid face as emperor.[/SPOILER]

I must say that near the end, it felt less like GROUNDBREAKING LEGENDARY INSTANT CLASSIC FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST and more above-average shounen epic though.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Welcome home boys.

Wow.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ich1990 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Perfect. Everything I could have wished for in every way. None of my predictions were correct, but that is what I have always liked about FMA. It surprises you, in a good way.

Welcome home Ed and Al. It has been a long journey, and I am glad to have been with you every step of the way.
ich1990

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews