Hana Yori Dango

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Hana Yori Dango

Postby Little Momo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:50 pm

Has any one ever read this Manga? There is no review for it. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has read it?
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.[/color]

"...It is better to trust people than to doubt them."~ Tohru Honda :hug:
Little Momo

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:19 pm

i haven't read it but here's a review for it that i found of animenewsnetwork.com:
Hana Yori Dango (English: Boys Over Flowers)

Older Children (May contain mild bad language, bloodless violence)

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Plot Summary: 16 Year old Makino Tsukushi is 16-year old girl, from a mid-class family, who, due to her brains, gets into an ultra high-class school called Eitoku Gakuen. One day she accidentally gets on the F4’s, bad side *they’re a gang at school*, and from then on she suffers from hazing. She fights this back, and while doing so falls in love with one of the F4’s members. However, another one of the members also falls in love with her.

Author: Yoko Kamio

Number of volumes: 36 (in Japan), 21 (U.S.)
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Little Momo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks I am reading it right now. I am really enjoying it. Just wondering if anyone else had read it and what they thought of it?
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.[/color]

Little Momo

Postby Little Momo » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Acctually now that I have read a little more of it there is alot of laungage. The plot and story line are really good but the laungage is really bad. It is really too bad that a good story line to be ruined by cursing.

Little Momo

Postby Sai » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:48 pm

I have only read bits and pieces of it. Its not my favorite I guess. If I remember correctly there was implied sex stuff in it and I guess that turned me off. *shrugs*
"Bother"
Sai

Postby shojoiscool2 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Well, I haven't read the manga, but I have seen the anime which is pure shojo and I think they are pretty similar. There were some themes at times that seemed to belittle women, well no they did belittle women. There are some almost rapes, some sexual elements in which the female charactars are responded to inappropriately. It seems like they don't think it is a big deal. That was my biggest problem, but it isn't that bad and the charactars develop/mature sufficiently that they learn their actions were wrong somewhat. It was still one of my fav. stories though. I'm going to start the manga where the anime left off soon.
shojoiscool2

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews