which manga should I get next?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

which manga should I get next?

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:05 pm

Well, haven't had time to go out of town and be able to use up my gift card on manga... But I am SO undecided on which one to get, to help me complete my unfinished series. Also on my gift card, I can only get 2 for free (depending on what I decide on getting and the price). I will for SURE get .hack//Another Birth vol 2, I'll debate if vol. 3 is out at the time though. If From Far Away (vol 3+) is there, it'll also have to be a must, since it's SOOO hard to find in stores!

But, depending on what's there and what's not, here's the list of the ones I'm debating on, since I have yet to complete the series....

RG Veda I'm the most iffy on, because I'm still curious as to what'll happen later (still in shock that Ashura is a GUY!!! -_-)
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:00 pm

Fruits Basket. It is absolutely my favorite manga EVER. It keeps getting better and better.

That being said, that volume of DNAngel is right when the series (in my opinion) actually starts to become a very good, quality manga, so that's certainly a recommended choice.

Still, my vote's with Fruits Basket.
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:39 am

I'd recommend Please Save My Earth, but that's a hard find too.
Also The Seikai Trilogy is definitely a must-read.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:37 am

rocklobster wrote:I'd recommend Please Save My Earth, but that's a hard find too.
Also The Seikai Trilogy is definitely a must-read.

NO WAY am I starting another series... don't have the money, nor the time, which is why my poll was only specific to my own incomplete series.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Ashley » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:48 am

Besides, I found the Seikai Trilogy quite jargon filled and dense.

As the Tanemura-lover on the board, I am obligated to tell you to get Full Moon #5. You're right in the thick of things there, and it just gets better! Plus it's a relatively short series (7 total) so you'd be pretty close to finishing it.

If not, Fruits Basket. DNAngel is okay, I'm still reading it, but it's not as good as Furuba to me.
Ashley

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:01 am

Ashley wrote:As the Tanemura-lover on the board, I am obligated to tell you to get Full Moon #5. You're right in the thick of things there, and it just gets better! Plus it's a relatively short series (7 total) so you'd be pretty close to finishing it.

Yeah, I was sort of thinking on that, because then it would just have me 2 volumes from completed it (and then onto finsihing my other series). I'll keep it in midn though^^ Once again, I'll really have to see what's in stock :/ Sometimes it can just be so grrr when you go to look, and one of the volumes on your "want" list isn't there, because someone came by and bought what appeared to be vol. 1-7ish. Had that happen a couple times and I was like "aw, man!"^^ Another thign I need to do: don't browse^^ Bad enough that I have 5 incomplete series, and although I'm always eyeing Death Note (debating on getting the manga or anime boxset when it comes out, preferably the anime since it's already the same exact thing), I just can't... v_v

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Ashley » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:40 am

What's worse is getting into a series, and then having the end of it not published! I've wanted to finish Hyper Rune (a lesser-well-known title by CLAMP) for years now and volume 4 was not released. It's one thing to have an incomplete series; it's another when you can't complete it!
Ashley

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Reflex had me clicking the "Full Moon" option. XD Well, that and the fact that I've not read any of the other series (save for the first three vols. of Fruits Basket), so...yep. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews