Kamichama Karin?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kamichama Karin?

Postby Alice » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:46 pm

Kamichama Karin

Has anyone read this series? Or even the first part of it?

I'd like some details on like the cleanness of it, because I'd like to buy some.

Is there a sexual subtext going on? Because the characters all look like they're kids and I wouldn't think there would be....

Is the "goddess" thing a religious element or would it be just as well translated "superhero??"

I like the art-look of this series, and it looks cute, so if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.
:brow:

P.S. I'll understand if you can't because it doesn't look to me like anyone here has mentioned it so far.

P.P.S. The same goes for Yoki Koto Kiku, also by Koge-Donbo. It looks cute as well -- but I wonder is it clean?
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:47 am

I've heard of this series, and I flipped through a volume of it once (literally "flipped", I didn't really read much at all XD). My friend has been reading it though, and while she said that it is cute, I also recall her mentioning a few things that were kinda weird with me. I forget exactly what, so hopefully someone else will be able to elaborate on that more. XD; I do know that it's by the same author of Pita-Ten, though.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:21 pm

While ANN isn't good for getting specifics on content, they are good for getting a decent overview. According to their website, both series you asked about are rated "All Ages" with no inappropriate content.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Alice » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Okay, thanks guys. ^_^

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Momo-P » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:04 am

I've only read a bit (and skimmed through later chapters thanks to Nakayoshi), but I can at least tell you this.

Karin's abilities are not that of a magical girl's or superheroes. She is in fact God and even uses the exact words "I am God" if I remember correctly.

Furthermore, I also believe later chapters had what looked like boredline nudity. Would have to go recheck, but just saying what I remember...:/
Momo-P

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:14 pm

I think it depends on what you define as "borderline nudity," I think. I could say that Snow Fairy Sugar (rated 3 and up) has borderline nudity because it shows Saga and Sugar in the bathtub. It's still really clean and there's nothing inappropriate for children in it though.

But I did neglect to mention that ANN is worthless for religious content of anime/manga, they're only good for other content. So yeah, forgot to mention that, and I have no clue about the god thing.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Alice » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:34 pm

Okay. Thanks for the input. ^^

I may have to avoid this volume after all. :/

And no one dared
Alice

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm pretty sure Cap'n Nick is following this one and he rather likes it. You could always ask him for his opinion, too.
Ashley

Postby That Dude » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:47 pm

I've read up to volume five so far and as far as the God thing even though she says "I am a god!" It's still written in a magical girly way. It's somewhat of an offbeat comedy spoofing the greek gods in a way. I know that isn't what it's meant to be but it almost comes of that way. As far as nudity there's standard undefined magical girl transformation nudity. In otherwords an undetailed outline.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews