BaTTLE aNGLE ALITA

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

BaTTLE aNGLE ALITA

Postby Knives » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:10 am

Is their anything besides violence that is questionable in battle angle alita
Knives

Postby EliasEmmanuel » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:31 pm

Knives wrote:Is their anything besides violence that is questionable in battle angle alita

I can think of... maybe one instance of light nudity. It swings toward the hyperviolence quite a bit, but that's partly a consequence of the really dark, depraved society in which it takes place. Alita deals with a lot of issues of Good and Evil, love, obcession, and redemption.... and earthly "Utopia".

Are you looking at Battle Angel Alita, or Last Order? I ask because Last Order won't make loads of sense without the rest, since it's sort of the DVD alternate ending (which is better than the original ending, IMO).

I will say, the setting and story is very dark and gritty. If that's not your cup of tea, pass it by............ me, I'm a big fan. Kishiro's one of the best cyberpunk artists out there in ANY medium, IMO.

-Elias
EliasEmmanuel

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:46 pm

Awesome series...violence is huge though.
There are a few risque scenes that I can think of, Shumiras introduction being the first to come to mind and the first battle with Makaku...but no really graphic nudity, unless you count cyborg metal bodies as nude (it looks like shes wearing a body suit) and if thats the case she nekkid for the most of Last Order book one...theres a little cussing.
Anyways, if you can handle some really graphic violence and a lot of philosophy in your manga...this is one of the most well drawn and plotted of all the mangas I've read. Highly recommended, 16 and up for extreme violence.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Kisa » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:49 pm

I have read Battle Angel Alita 1 ( my bro has it and also 1 and 2 of the last order). They seemed really good and detailed, but it was a little too dark and violent for me . . . :dizzy:
The gore is detailed and the story seemed very dark . . . my bro likes it, but I guess its just not for me. You have to be into that I guess. Not saying its bad, just flip through one before you buy it. ;)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:01 pm

Ah, are we talking about the manga? Well, I haven't read enough of the manga to make judgement other than heavy violence and slight nudity, but in the anime what comes to mind is the scene with that scientist woman and the guy that later killed her. They were having sexual intercourse which was quite graphic--I wondered if they cencored it here.... Oh well ^^;;
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

Psycho Ann

Postby Kisa » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:04 pm

I think the manga . . . I am not a fan of it though . . . it was too dark and violent for me in the one I read. :shake:
Kisa

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:12 pm

...I dont remember the scene PA quoted in the manga... where was it about storylinewise?

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby EliasEmmanuel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:27 pm

[quote="Psycho Ann"]Ah, are we talking about the manga? Well, I haven't read enough of the manga to make judgement other than heavy violence and slight nudity, but in the anime what comes to mind is the scene with that scientist woman and the guy that later killed her. They were having sexual intercourse which was quite graphic--I wondered if they cencored it here.... Oh well ^^]

Said scientist wasn't in the Manga.... and we're never treated to any of Vector's sexual exploits in the Manga either :thumb:

-Elias
EliasEmmanuel

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:23 am

Thank God for that. I like the original storyline better.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby EliasEmmanuel » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:19 am

mechana2015 wrote:Thank God for that. I like the original storyline better.

No doubt :eyeroll: The anime had a number of... issues, IMO, and in many ways bore little resemblance (at least in part one) to the Manga (the story with Yugo was almost directly lifted from the manga. Why on why could they not have done the same with part one?).

So yeah. Stick with the manga :thumb:

From what I hear, James Cameron's looking at Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm as a possible live action movie. If he messes it up I shall devour his brain....
;)

-Elias
EliasEmmanuel

Postby Psycho Ann » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:25 am

*another* live action from an anime? Well, BAA would be sorta non-cheesier than DBZ or NGE due to its realism. Special effects for it wouldn't be too bad either (Terminator and AI comes to mind).

Btw, anyone else find the manga Alita looking like she sucked quite too many pacifiers? That's the *only* qualm I have with the manga art-wise... XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

Psycho Ann

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:42 am

<Starts twitching slightly>
Will...join...Elis....if...BAA...is...ruined. :evil:

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Kisa » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:35 am

Hmmmm . . . live action Alita would be cool (if done right), would definitley go see!
:jump:
Kisa

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:57 pm

But think of what it would have to be rated...unless they toned the violence down a LOT! It'll be R by a long distance if they dont mess it up...like the anime, and since James Cameron is directing...I dont have high hopes.

Oh, and alitas lips are wierd...Figure 4 even comments on em in the manga.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby EliasEmmanuel » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:21 pm

Psycho Ann wrote:*another* live action from an anime? Well, BAA would be sorta non-cheesier than DBZ or NGE due to its realism. Special effects for it wouldn't be too bad either (Terminator and AI comes to mind).

Yeah, with a James Cameron budget it could be really breathtaking *thinks of live action Guyver and shudders*

Btw, anyone else find the manga Alita looking like she sucked quite too many pacifiers? That's the *only* qualm I have with the manga art-wise... XD

What, you mean her "octopus lips" ?
:lol:
-Elias
EliasEmmanuel

Postby Kisa » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:49 pm

Hang on . . . is there really a BAA live action movie in the making?!
Kisa

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:12 pm

Possible but unlikely.
I just got the 2nd last order book and it ROCKS!

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews